Sunday, August 21, 2016

Jackie and the Potato Stalk Part 8 school play for children

JACKIE AND THE POTATO STALK

PART 8





JACKIE
It's so nice to see Mama happy again.
GIANT
And now I can see what will make my family happy.
JACKIE
What's that?
GIANT
A little talk with the boy of the stalk.
JACKIE
What will they do to him? They won't hurt him will they?
GIANT
When he was here before, he not only broke our door but made messes on our floor and damaged the décor. He will stay for a few days. He has some time he needs to repay.
JACKIE
And hopefully learn something in the process.
SPUD
And he won't be too happy when he gets home either.
JACKIE
Why not?
SPUD
There's nothing worse than rotten golden eggs. The boy never learned that the golden eggs are only good when fresh. The gold is only good if it is shared. If anyone keeps it too long, it rots.
JACKIE
Poor Jack.
SPUD
I feel worse for his neighbors.
JACKIE
I guess it's time to go home. And it will be a much happier one this time.


SPUD
Just remember to share those eggs.
JACKIE
I will.
                    (Gives an egg to the GIANT. They hug)
Goodbye my friend. I'm so glad I found those magic potatoes.
SPUD
Me too. Down the potato stalk with you.
GIANT
Come Jack into my home and I'll get the family on the phone.
                    (GIANT drags JACK into the casa and exits)
SPUD
And so Jack cleaned and cleaned until the Ranch in the Clouds was as good as before he came and stole the goose. The giant family then returned him home where he had another mess to clean up. And Jackie and her Mama found new happiness with the Goose and the golden eggs and that happiness spread through the town as eggs were shared with all. I’m glad I gave Jackie those magic potatoes. After Jack and the beans, I wasn’t so sure I wanted to try that again. But this time the magic found a girl who had a good heart. Perhaps I will try again. Anyone want to trade for some magic broccoli?

END OF PLAY


or purchase a low cost PDF at https://sellfy.com/p/pSlS/

or a Word Document version:

JACKIE AND THE POTATO STALK

(aka Jackie and the Spudstalk)


By
D. M. Larson
Copyright © 2005, 2016
All Rights Reserved*


For permission to use this script, please contact doug@freedrama.net (include the title "Jackie and the Potato Stalk in your request) 

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.