Wednesday, July 5, 2017

"Show and Tell" mystery monologue for young actor

"SHOW AND TELL"
1 minute monologue
by D. M. Larson

Copyright (c) 2017 All Rights Reserved


***

I walked along a path that paralleled the river. My dog, Mocha, trotted along in front of me, constantly tugging on the leash, darting away each time he caught a whiff of something new. I pulled his leash to reminded him to stick to the trail. Rumors of strange sounds and lights in the woods circulated around the community. These stories made me extra cautious as I hiked along my favorite dog walking route.

The clouds above began to turned pretty shades of orange and pink. I normally loved the sunset, but this meant I was late getting home. I tried to walk faster, but Mocha’s constant investigation of the side of the trail made it a challenge. Suddenly, Mocha stopped and froze. I pulled at the leash but he wouldn’t move. He stared off into the woods and let out a low growl. After another useless tug on his leash, I tried to spy what was upsetting him.


I saw a flash of red light and then heard a beep. This made Mocha bark. I squinted my eyes to see if I could spot the source of the light. Another flash and a beep made Mocha bark again. Mocha pulled at the leash, wanting to investigate. Sharing my dog’s curiosity, I allowed herself be led by the leash into the woods. The light and beeping grew stronger, causing Mocha to run faster. We reached a small clearing and saw a silver sphere about the size of a basketball. Mocha sniffed the sphere and the beeping turned to a chirp. The glowing light went from red to green. I touched the sphere and it suddenly switched off. I picked it up and shook it a little, but nothing happened. Mocha whined in disappointment. I headed back to the trail, carrying the sphere under her arm, happy to have something really interesting for show and tell at school the next day.

END OF MONOLOGUE


***


mystery monologue for young actor


Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.