Students sometimes need to get up and moving to help enhance their learning. For those students with the kinesthetic or social learning style in your classroom, here is a good drama lesson plan ideas.
Take a picture book you have read in the past and have students act out each page.
1) Read a page from the book.
2) Have them identify the characters on the page.
3) Assign students from the class to be the character. Be sure to include some of your kinesthetic and social learners in this group. This will help them understand and remember the book better than hearing or seeing like other students.
4) Have the student actors act out the page as you read the page again.
5) Ask the class what they think will happen next.
6) You can continue to the next page and continue the process.
7) For older students, you can have them adapt one or more pages of the book in to a play with their own added ideas for dialog and plot.
For more lesson ideas, go to http://www.freedrama.net/teach.html