Monday, January 19, 2015

The Barn free short monologue for male from the published play Flowers in the Desert

I am currently updating my play "Flowers in the Desert" and this is one monologue from the play that I haven't shared on the website.  It's from Sarge who is the older veteran who watches over the girls in the play.  He is based on my grandfather and this monologue is very much from my grandfather's life.  Much of the play "Flowers in the Desert" is based on his life, a man I really admire growing up because he helped a lot of people.



***
"The Barn" by D. M. Larson



 SARGE 
Growing up, I did a lot of stupid things too. Maybe not as crazy as that naked Tarzan thing you did in the barn, but I was wild. See my mother died when I was real young and my pappy didn't want to take care of me. So my family sent me around, hoping somebody could handle me, but I only got worse. My big moment was in a barn too. But I burnt it down. That's when my Aunt Minnie took me in. And for the first time somebody loved me no matter what I did wrong. Even though I didn't change overnight, that love stuck with me. And as I grew older, that love became more and more a part of me until all the hate was gone.


END

****

Purchase a low cost PDF of the full play "Flowers in the Desert" to get a full look at the character of Sarge: https://sellfy.com/p/1uSu/

When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost the text online in any way).

Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps

Copyright (c) 2013


For more free monologues, go to http://www.freedrama.net/small1.html

For more free short monologues, go to http://www.freedrama.net/small1o.html

For more free monologues for men, go to http://www.freedrama.net/small1m.html

From the published play "Flowers in the Desert" ISBN-13: 978-1530169085:






The Barn free short monologue for male from the play Flowers in the Desert

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.