Thursday, February 5, 2015

"Weird" scene for two female actors from published play - free duologue stage play script


"WEIRD" by D. M. Larson
ADAPTED SCENE FOR TWO ACTORS 
FROM THE PUBLISHED PLAY "FLOWERS IN THE DESERT"


Buy a low cost PDF of this scene at https://sellfy.com/p/MhDc/
******

JAMIE
Paula? Are you okay?

PAULA
(Sobbing)
Yes, I'm fine.

JAMIE
Did something happen, Paula?

PAULA
Jimmy's naked.

(She covers her face and cries)

JAMIE
He's what?!

PAULA
Naked. He's in the barn swinging around. He thinks he's Tarzan.  

JAMIE
(Trying not to laugh)
Oh.

PAULA
It was awful.

JAMIE
I'll bet it was.

PAULA
(Pause. Grows quieter)
I've never seen a boy naked before.

JAMIE
(Gets a disgusted look on her face)
And Jimmy was the first.

PAULA
What do you think about Jimmy?

JAMIE
Jimmy?

PAULA
Yeah. You think he's okay?

JAMIE
Well, let's just say if he and I were Adam and Eve, I'd probably do the world a favor and not reproduce.

PAULA
So you don't like him?

JAMIE
Let's just say he's not my type.

PAULA
Oh.

(Looks upset)

JAMIE
Why do you ask?

PAULA
Well, Jimmy was saying all kinds of stuff to me in there. Stuff I've never thought of before and well... I kind of liked some of it.

JAMIE
Oh.

PAULA
You know, I've never even been on a date. I mean being single was fine for Jesus and all, but I got special needs. Is that bad of me to think that way?

JAMIE
Well, no...

PAULA
I'd really like to get to know a boy. Hold his hand. (Embarrassed)
Kiss him...

JAMIE
I don't think Jimmy's quite what you have in mind.

PAULA
I guess not, but there really isn't anybody else.





JAMIE
You go to church don't you?

PAULA
Yeah.

JAMIE
Don't you like any guys there?

PAULA
They all think I'm weird. Heck, they think all of us are weird. The only one of us they'll have anything to do with is Shelly and we all know why they like her.

JAMIE
Why's that?

PAULA
'Cause she's pretty.

JAMIE
You're pretty.

PAULA
Not like that.

JAMIE
No, but in your own special way.

PAULA
But guys don't want special.

JAMIE
Some do.

PAULA
I haven't met any.

JAMIE
One will come along.

PAULA
You think so?

JAMIE
Sure.
(PAULA smiles)
JAMIE (CONT.)
Tell you what. Why don't we go up to your room and I'll show you just how pretty you are. We'll put some make-up on you, do your hair, and find a dress that compliments your better qualities.

PAULA
I don't know.

JAMIE
Come on. It'll be fun. And if you don't like it, you can wash it all off.

PAULA
(Smiles)
Jamie?

JAMIE
Yeah?

PAULA
Why are you being so nice to me?

JAMIE
What do you mean?

PAULA
Nobody else here cares. At least not any of the girls.

JAMIE
I'll have to tell you, Paula. Not everybody is like the girls you live with here. There are some pretty nice people out there. Sometimes they're hard to find, but they're there.


PAULA
I'm sure glad I found one of them.

JAMIE
I am too. Let's go.

END OF SCENE

****


"WEIRD" by D. M. Larson
ADAPTED SCENE FOR TWO ACTORS 
FROM THE PUBLISHED PLAY "FLOWERS IN THE DESERT"


Buy a low cost PDF of this scene at https://sellfy.com/p/MhDc/

For permission to use this scene contact doug@freedrama.net (please include the title "Weird" in your request)

***

For more duologues, go to http://www.freedrama.net/small2.html

For free monologues, go to http://www.freedrama.net/small1.html

For scenes for three actors, go to http://www.freedrama.net/small3.html



script two female actors


Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.