Friday, March 27, 2015

The Weakest Link - dramatic monologue for male from the play Midnight of the Soul - solo stage script

This monologue for a man is from the play "Midnight of the Soul" by D. M. Larson ISBN-13: 978-1523724512



***
"The Weakest Link"
by D. M. Larson



THOMAS

This is your fault. You know I can't handle this kind of temptation. You tricked me. This is entrapment!

Why do you do this to me? I can't handle the temptation. I am weak. I always give in. You know that. So why bother doing this to me?

Save your trials and tribulations for the saints... I don't want tests. I don't want to prove myself. I can tell you now I am not worthy. So if you want this lost lamb in your flock, don't tempt me with sweeter grass... Because I am a grass is always greener kind of person.

I do actually think things can get better... I never want to settle for second best. So I go searching... I am always checking things out, looking around. Things have to be better than this. I keep hoping there is something better. If not, then what's the point? What's the point of all this?! Tell me!

If you know what's right, why even have a wrong? You shouldn't even give the choice. Make it nice and neat and easy. I don't want a challenge. I don't want to be tested.

And don't throw me to the wolves... I can't handle it. I will get eaten. I am the weak one in the herd. They will pick me off and surround me. Easy pickins.

Please ... I have nothing to prove... I know I am the weakest link.


END OF SCENE
***
Read the play, "Midnight of the Soul": http://www.freedrama.net/midnightsoul2.html

Inspired by the quote from the Book of James (1:13) "When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone;"



In the book “Midnight of the Soul” ISBN-13: 978-1523724512 



Buy a low cost PDF of this play on Sellfy.com 




For more free monologues go to http://www.freedrama.net/small1.html

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.