Thursday, April 30, 2015

"Demons" popular dramatic monologue for male or female from a published play

"Demons" is a dramatic piece for one actor (or two if you have non-speaking second person) about someone tormented by evil spirits trapped inside. 

DEMONS BY D. M. LARSON (DRAMATIC MONOLOGUE ADAPTED FROM A PUBLISHED PLAY "HOLY GROUND" ISBN-13: 978-1502875990)

DEMONS BY D. M. LARSON (DRAMATIC MONOLOGUE ADAPTED FROM A PUBLISHED PLAY "HOLY GROUND" ISBN-13: 978-1502875990)

Copyright © 2014 All Rights Reserved

Please do NOT repost the text of this play online in any way.

TURK

Don't get any closer.  I don't want to hurt you.  

I've been trying to hide them.  I wanted to protect you.  I hid the truth from you.  I wanted to keep you safe.  But there's no place where we can hide.  

Look into my eyes.  Can you see them?  Can you see them looking out at you?  Can you see the darkness in me?   I want them out of me.  I want to rip them out of my soul.  But they cling to me. Holding on so tight... so tight that I can't breathe.

Can you show me how to get rid of them?  Can you help me?

You're getting too close.  I don't want them to hurt you.  

Please don't hurt her too.  Please leave her alone.  You have me... you don't need her too.  

See what you've done.  You've made them angry.  They are punishing me.  They always punish me.  They want to punish you too.

I can't let you!  No!  But I have to... it's the only way to make the pain inside me go away.  

Lift me up... I feel like I am falling... I'm drowning inside.  You feel so far away.  I feel like nothing can reach me.  I'm lost.  I'm so weak.  Please... I can't take this much longer.  I can't do this anymore.  How can I live with this pain inside me?  

There's no place we can hide.  We'll never escape them.  

Run!  Run before they find you!  I am hell bound. They are burned in my soul.  They are a part of me. But there is still hope for you.

Hope... there's no hope anymore... I'm too far gone... buried... buried deep inside this tomb... lost and undone.  My kingdom has come, his will was done... I am beyond heaven and earth... there is no deliverance from this evil.

Why are you still here?  Save yourself.  Please... you can't.  You're not strong enough. You can't stop them.  

You can never take them from me.

END OF SCRIPT



This monologue is adapted from the following scene:


PROLOGUE TO HOLY GROUND - NO DELIVERANCE FROM THIS EVIL


(In near darkness, Molly approaches Turk who is on the floor in pain. Molly wants to help him but is afraid)


MOLLY
Turk, what’s wrong?


TURK
Don’t get any closer. I don’t want to hurt you.


MOLLY
Why would you hurt me?


TURK
I’ve been trying to hide them. I wanted to protect you. I hid the truth from you. I wanted to keep you safe.


MOLLY
Safe? Safe from what?


TURK
Look into my eyes. Can you see them? Can you see them looking out at you? Can you see the darkness in me? I want them out of me. I want to rip them out of my soul. But they cling to me. Holding on so tight... so tight that I can’t breathe.


(Turk grabs her. She is scared but doesn’t pull away)


TURK
Can you show me how to get rid of them? Can you help me?


MOLLY
I want to help. What can I do?


(Turk pushes her away)


TURK
You’re getting too close. I don’t want them to hurt you.


(Turk pleads with something invisible that Molly can’t see)


TURK (CONT.)
Please don’t hurt her too. Please leave her alone. You have me... you don’t need her too.


(Molly grabs Turk and shakes him)


MOLLY
Who are you talking to? Turk, there’s nothing there.


TURK
See what you’ve done. You’ve made them angry. They are punishing me. They always punish me. They want to punish you too.


(Turk turns to Molly with an angry look in his eye and moves toward her with his fists clenched)


MOLLY
Stop. You’re scaring me. What are you doing?!


TURK
I can’t let you! No! But I have to... it’s the only way to make the pain inside me go away.


(Turk moves to attack her and Molly screams. Turk falls to the floor before he can touch her and lays still a moment)


MOLLY
What happened to you? What’s going on?


TURK
Lift me up... I feel like I am falling... I’m drowning inside. You feel so far away. I feel like nothing can reach me. I’m lost. I’m so weak. Please... I can’t take this much longer. I can’t do this anymore. How can I live with this pain inside me?


MOLLY
Then let me help you. Let me share the pain. Open up to me. Let me inside and I will fight this with you.


(Turk jumps up and looks for a way out of the room)


TURK
There’s no place we can hide. We’ll never escape them. Run! Run before they find you! I am hell bound. They are burned in my soul. They are a part of me. But there is still hope for you.


MOLLY
I’m not leaving you. I’m here to stay. I will stay by your side and we can stop this together. Let me give you strength. Let me give you hope.


TURK
Hope... there’s no hope anymore... I’m too far gone... buried... buried deep inside this tomb... lost and undone. My kingdom has come, his will was done... I am beyond heaven and earth... there is no deliverance from this evil.


(Turk turns on her again. He is crying now. She tries to touch him but he pushes her away and falls to his knees)


TURK (CONT.)
Why are you still here? Save yourself. Please... you can’t. You’re not strong enough. You can’t stop them.


(He hisses his last line quietly like he is possessed)


TURK (CONT.)
You can never take them from me.


END OF PROLOGUE



Low cost PDF of scene: https://sellfy.com/p/yz6Z/

from
“Holy Ground” 
ISBN-13: 978-1502875990
Book: 
PDF:




This monologue is adapted from the published play "Holy Ground" available on Amazon.com:

popular dramatic monologue for male or female from a published play




Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.