Saturday, August 15, 2015

"I Need Detention" male monologue comedy funny teen

"I Need Detention" by D. M. Larson
Free comedy monologue for teen male from a play a high school play called "The Ghosts of Detention" ISBN-13: 978-1499111309

Buy a low cost PDF of the "The Ghosts of Detention" at Sellfy.com


I NEED DETENTION (MONOLOGUE)

by D. M. Larson

JIMMY
I need detention. I really need detention. See, there's this girl... I know, I know, it always starts with a girl ... But this girl is special... I mean it this time... Really special. Her name is Harmony... But she goes by Harm. Cute huh? She can harm me any time she wants. And she has too. A couple of times. But I deserved it... Cause I touched her once. I didn't touch her anywhere bad. Just on the shoulder. And she broke my finger. So I guess we kind of have held hands. I was just gonna ask to borrow a pencil. One of those ones she sharpens with her pocket knife and then throws in the ceiling all over school. She even got one in the gym ceiling. You know how high that is? Like 5000 feet. And I just stand under those pencils, hoping one will fall down and I can have one of them for my very own. Something to remember her by. Until I get in to detention.


I gotta figure out some way to get detention because I wanna see her more... Be with her more... And turn Harm into Harmony again... Cause I see that beautiful harmony under all that black and gloom. She just needs a reason to smile and I want to be that reason.



So I have to get detention. What's something good... I mean I want it to be really really good so I get thrown in there a long time... Plus I have to make it worth it... Something great that she can respect... How about giving the principal a wedgie? That would do it... A good old up the back over the head mega wedgie. Let's do this.


END




Buy a low cost PDF of the "The Ghosts of Detention" at Sellfy.com


You must ask for permission before using this script in a performance or publication by contacting doug@freedrama.net (please include the title of this monologue in your request).







Check out more FREE stuff on the popular Freedrama Blog Posts below:

Top 10 Most Popular Free Monologues:


Best Short Play Scripts and Skits:


Top 10 Comedy Monologues - Funny Solo Play Scripts:


Free Online Acting School Class:


Top 10 Acting Tips for New Actors:


  • Copyright (c) 2014 You must ask for permission before using this script in a performance or publication by contacting doug@freedrama.net (please include the title of this monologue in your request). 
  • Thank you for selecting my script. Have fun and enjoy the play.
    Sincerely,
    D. M. Larson



  • Copyright and Royalty

    These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



    When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



    Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

    Auditions

    Classrooms

    Workshops

    Camps



    If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



    https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



    This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



    IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.