Saturday, August 29, 2015

"What I Dress Like" monologue for female - free solo stage play script

"What I Dress Like" by D. M. Larson

ANNA MAY

My name's Anna May - no not Anime! Anna... May!  

 I am sick of everyone saying that. And to make things worse I have this boyfriend who loves Anime. That's why he said he liked me at first, because my name reminded him of his favorite thing. Not sure how I feel about that now. At first I just was happy somebody liked me. It's never been easy for me to get to know boys. They always freaked me out. 

 And now I am with a guy who likes to dress me up. I have no clue what he dresses me up as sometimes. I guess it was kind of fun at first. I always liked Halloween. But then I found out some of these costumes were his. He used to wear this... In public... And he's a boy... there ain't no boys back home that dress like this. 

 I'm tired of it - tired of dressing up - tired of being pretending to be someone else - tired of him.

 I just want some guy to like me for who I am - not what I dress like.  I want to be me. Whoever that is.

 END OF MONOLOGUE

 ****

For permission to use this monologue, contact doug@freedrama.net (please include the title "What I Dress Like" in your request).


****

Check out more FREE stuff on the popular Freedrama Blog Posts below:

Top 10 Most Popular Free Monologues:


Best Short Play Scripts and Skits:


Top 10 Comedy Monologues - Funny Solo Play Scripts:


Free Online Acting School Class:


Top 10 Acting Tips for New Actors:


Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.