Saturday, June 11, 2016

Snow White Rose Red Part 10 Simple Life free stage play script for kids child actors

PART 10
The Forgotten Grimm Brother Fairy Tale of The Ungrateful Dwarf (The Story of Snow White and Rose Red) By D. M. Larson

PART 10 - SIMPLE LIFE

MOTHER
Come warm yourself by our fire and we will feed you. We have plenty of honey stored up for the winter and the best jam.


ROSE
Get some of your jam, Snow White.


BEAR
You're not THE Snow White? The friend of the dwarves?


SNOW
No, do not be afraid. I am not same girl.


MOTHER
And we are no friends to the dwarves who hurt our land and take what is not there’s.


(During following Mother gets the bear food and starts a fire)


RED
Snow White such a common name around here - I know at least three Snow Whites. My sister is one, another is the one who lives with the dwarves. Then the other one sells snow cones in the village each summer.


SNOW
The Snow Cone Queen? I thought her name was Elsa.


RED
But her real name is Snow White. I think she goes by her middle name now after the Dwarves’ Snow White got so famous after that whole deal with pretending to fall asleep so that prince would kiss her.


BEAR
A trick low enough for a friend of the dwarves.


RED
That girl gives all Snow Whites a bad name. Perhaps you should change your name too sister.


SNOW
Mother gave me a beautiful name and I love it.


RED
You look like an Aurora to me.


BEAR
You don't want to be an Aurora. She pulled the sleeping princess trick too. So many copycat crimes these days. It's tough being a prince.


RED
Though being a prince? But they are rich and famous and drive fancy horses and have amazing parties.


BEAR
But they are targets. Every dwarf, bandit and princess is after them and their money.


SNOW
I prefer a more simple life. Who needs treasure when you have the love of your family. I have a wonderful mother and sister who give me all I need in life. I love this peaceful cottage we live in,  away from the worries of the town and the castle. The stress of the demands of the world out there would tear us apart. But in these quiet woods, in our little cottage we can be together. We work hard to survive on our own and care for all who live here, but it is a joyful vocation when you have family along your side to support and encourage you. I feel I can do anything with Rose and Mother at my side.


BEAR
That sounds wonderful, Snow White. I believe a prince would give up all his treasures for such a wonderful dream as this.


RABBIT
Never! A prince is as selfish and greedy as a dwarf.


RED
Why does everyone hate the dwarves so much? I think they're kind of cute. They are so little and chubby like the birdies and I just wanna hug and squeeze them.


BEAR
Yeah, I would squeeze them so hard their heads would pop off.


(RABBIT laughs with the BEAR. MOTHER smacks the BEAR with a broom)


MOTHER
I will not have such violent talk in my home. If you wish to stay here, Bear, you must respect our gentle ways.


BEAR
I apologize. I am most sorry for the way I spoke.


RABBIT
I’m not.


(RED grabs the rabbit and does a squeezing hug)


RED
Then I will hug and squeeze you until you change your mind.


RABBIT
Okay, okay. I’m sorry…


(RED lets go)


RABBIT
I’m sorry that you like Dwarves…

(The RABBIT runs away)


*** Copyright © 2016 All Rights Reserved Do NOT repost the text of this play online in any way Please contact doug@freedrama.net for permission to perform this play



Art by http://kachumi.deviantart.com/

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.