Sunday, October 30, 2016

Goodbye to Neverland Part 6 monologue male actor

GOODBYE TO NEVERLAND
By D. M. Larson
From the play "Losers in Love"

  • ISBN-13: 978-1549653186

Copyright © 2016
All Rights Reserved

*Please do not repost the text of this play online in any way.*


PART 6 - MY FUTURE


(Puts on shirt, Jacket and tie during following)


RANDY


Things are different now.  It took falling to my lowest moment that gave a chance to lift myself up.  When you’re down, you get a whole new look at things. You realize that when you’re on the bottom, there’s nowhere to go but up.  So it’s time to pick myself up and do something different.


It’s time to say goodbye to Neverland and hello to my future. I am applying for jobs and I got an interview now and everything is ready… I think. We'll sort of. See, I don't have much experience so this is what I say on my resume.


Objective…. “I want to leave the world a happier place than when I was born into it”…. I think that’s why I joke around a lot. I just want to make people happy.


Education… I just say “yes”… I leave that one to the imagination.


Experience… “They say you learn from your mistakes.  And I’ve made a lot of mistakes. But I’m done doing things wrong. I figure I have done so many things wrong, that there are only right options now so I’m ready to do good….” Or should that say gooder?  


That takes me to my “Skills.” “Funny and loyal… I’m always there whether you want me or not. And I seem to make everyone laugh even when I’m not trying to be funny.”


References… “my mom and my friends. I have devoted most of my time to being a good son and a good friend.” And I hope to add my girlfriend to the list. I mean I hope she wants to be my girlfriend, because I want to be a good boyfriend and be worthy of a reference.


Looking back at this, it looks like I’m applying to be a circus or rodeo clown. That would be so awesome!  Hey, I can dream. And what are we without dreams anyway?


END OF MONOLOGUE

BACK TO PART 1

or


Buy a low cost PDF of this script https://sellfy.com/p/oJuW/




Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.