Sunday, October 30, 2016

Goodbye to Neverland Part 1 monologue for male actor

GOODBYE TO NEVERLAND
By D. M. Larson
From the play "Losers in Love"

  • ISBN-13: 978-1549653186


Copyright © 2016
All Rights Reserved

*Please do not repost the text of this play online in any way.*

Buy a low cost PDF of this script https://sellfy.com/p/oJuW/


(This is a series of monologues all about the same character, Randy.  Randy changes to different costumes or uses different props for each monologue.  Ideally Randy should roll in a very large trunk or suitcase or box with the costumes and props inside.  This can be opened away from the audience and give the actor a place to change.  Lights can come down between each change if desired.  Randy can go behind the trunk/suitcase/box between each monologue and change costumes and props)


(RANDY starts out in a t-shirt and sweatpants)


PART 1


RANDY
Did you ever want something so bad in your life that it consumes you?  You want it so bad that you can’t stop thinking about it.  Nothing can stop you. Nothing can stand in your way. You can’t rest until you have it.


Well, I’ve never felt that way… about anything. I mean I want to.  I want to care about something… anything... but I can’t seem to focus.  Nothing keeps my attention for very long.


It didn't really matter much to me before. I have been pretty happy. I got everything I need. (I got my shows and my games and my favorite snacks and my friends.)


But now my friends are finding other people... Female people... and they are changing. I mean things used to be great. We’d be gaming all night and eating pizza for dinner… And breakfast.  But now they are wanting to do things like laundry and dishes and expecting me to pay rent. It's getting to be a real drag.


But they do seem happy. Happier than when we beat the Yellow Devil in MegaMan.
And I wonder if I am not as happy as I thought I was. I am kind of lonely too.


I like girls but they don't like me. I end up trying to pick off the weak ones in the herd. I go for the girls nobody else wants. It’s because my friends always give me the leftovers. But I’m going to have the last laugh because one of them leftovers is pretty tasty. I met this amazing woman who didn’t realize how amazing she was. She is shy and hides under a hoody and thick glasses... but underneath all that is this girl who doesn’t think I’m dumb or ugly or lazy like everyone else. She thinks I’m funny and clever and creative. She sees the me I want to be.


So maybe it's time for a change.  Maybe it’s time to step up and be that man she thinks I am. I’ve been a boy long enough, played around long enough, been lazy long enough.  It’s time to grow up. It’s time to say goodbye to Neverland.


END OF MONOLOGUE 1



GO TO PART 2

or

Buy a low cost PDF of this script https://sellfy.com/p/oJuW/



Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.