Friday, October 7, 2016

"Teen Angel" part 1 published play for teenagers "Wingless Souls" scene for 2 female actors

"TEEN ANGEL" by D. M. Larson
  • ISBN-13: 978-1511481557

PART 1 - "Wingless Souls"

(MUSIC: “Last Kiss” by J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers. Music slowly fades as cars racing are heard. Honking is heard and then a crash. Screams. Music builds and then fades)

 (Lights come up on PEGGY, a young teenage girl who is in white, sparkling robes. She is standing before a white, sparkling staircase leading to a passage through a cloudy background.GABRIELLA, a woman in white steps forward from the passage and is at the top of the stairs. Her clothing looks similar to PEGGY but GABRIELLA has wings) 

GABRIELLA 
I see you’ve arrived. I almost thought you weren't going to make it. Modern medicine certainly creates a lot of uncertainty in my work these days. 

PEGGY 
Where am I? 

GABRIELLA 
You’re climbing the stairway to heaven. 

PEGGY 
You mean that… 

GABRIELLA 
You’ve crossed over… 

PEGGY 
I’m dead? 

GABRIELLA 
You could say that. 

PEGGY 
But what happened? I don’t remember… anything. 

GABRIELLA 
Souls are made to forget the pain and sorrows of life, especially the end. It’s better that way. 
PEGGY 
But I remember so little about my life. I remember that my name is Peggy and that I like vanilla ice cream… 

(Pauses and struggles to remember. GABRIELLA comes down the stairs) 

GABRIELLA 
Your memories are selected carefully. Too many earthly memories really mess with eternal bliss. 

PEGGY 
But it seems like I’m forgetting something. I hate that feeling. You know, like you know you have to do something but you can’t remember what and you know you’ll get in big trouble if you don’t do it… 

GABRIELLA 
Peace, Peggy dear. There’s nothing to worry about now. 

PEGGY 
I suppose not... 

(Something still seems to bother her) 

GABRIELLA 
(Studying PEGGY) 
I see what they mean… 

PEGGY 
What who mean? 

GABRIELLA 
I was sent to help guide you. 

PEGGY 
Guide me? Into heaven? 
(Points to stairs) 
The way looks pretty clear. 

GABRIELLA 
It appears so, but nothing is ever as simple as it seems. 
(Motions to stairs) 
Perhaps I should illustrate. Try going up the stairs. 

PEGGY 
(Looks at GABRIELLA funny, shrugs, and heads to stairs. PEGGY stops at the bottom step and can’t seem to go any further) 
I want to… but can’t. 

GABRIELLA 
You’re not ready yet. 

PEGGY 
That doesn’t mean that I’m going to… you know where… 

GABRIELLA 
(Smiles) 
Fortunately, no. You lived a good life and have few blotches on your record. You shouldn’t fear going anywhere but heaven. But… 
(Pauses) 
…there’s always a “but” isn’t there? 
(PEGGY looks worried) 
You will need to earn your wings. 

PEGGY 
Earn my wings? 

GABRIELLA 
You can’t enter heaven without wings. So each soul must earn them. Now some people earn them in life with good works and good deeds… Mother Teresa for example. Her soul had the most amazing wings when she arrived… 

PEGGY 
So I didn’t do anything good in my life? 

GABRIELLA 
You were a good person or you wouldn’t be here. But wingless souls are often wingless for a reason. Even good people make mistakes in life. So good people are given a chance to earn their wings despite problems in life. 

PEGGY 
Sounds fair. I only wish I knew I knew what I’d done. 

GABRIELLA 
It’s better not to know anything about your past life. It will only make earning your wings more difficult. Let me give you a warning… your memories are there, but don’t go seeking them. They will only lead you down the wrong path and will keep you from earning your wings. 

PEGGY 
What happens if I don’t earn my wings? 

GABRIELLA 
You will earn them. I know you will. 

PEGGY 
Why? Can you see the future? 

GABRIELLA 
No, but I can see your heart and I have faith that you will succeed. 

PEGGY 
(Suddenly determined) 
So what do I need to do to earn my wings? 

GABRIELLA 
There is some unfinished business in your past life that must be resolved. You will be without memory and will appear as a stranger to those who once knew you. Discover the problem and help to fix it. That will earn you your wings. 

PEGGY 
I have a feeling this isn’t going to be as easy as you are making it sound. 

GABRIELLA 
Actually it is quite dangerous. 

PEGGY 
Then why send me? 

GABRIELLA 
Because we know that you are the only one that can fix the problem. 

PEGGY 
And what is the problem? 

GABRIELLA 
Unfortunately, we’re not sure. 

PEGGY 
This isn’t going to be easy. 

GABRIELLA 
I need to leave you with a warning as well. 

PEGGY 
Leave me? You’re leaving me? But we just met. 

GABRIELLA 
Don’t worry, Peggy. I won’t be far away. 

PEGGY 
I feel so overwhelmed… no memory… trying to solve a problem I know nothing about… And you mentioned a warning? 

GABRIELLA 
You must be careful. Keep your memories buried. If one tries to seek the past, she can become trapped in it and become a lost soul. 

PEGGY 
A lost soul? 

GABRIELLA 
A lost soul is a person whom some people know as ghosts. PEGGY I could become a ghost? 

GABRIELLA 
(GABRIELLA goes up stairs) 
Only if you are not careful. Remember, you are someone else now. No one will remember you. No one will recognize you. But if they do… then you could be lost. 

PEGGY 
How will I know what to do? 

GABRIELLA 
You will know. Only you know the way. 
(Reaches to of stairs) 
Good luck, Peggy. 
(Exits and lights fade to a spotlight)


OR

BUY A LOW COST PDF AT
https://sellfy.com/p/wK9w/

OR

Purchase the book from Amazon.com:


Or purchase a PDF at currclick.com:







Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.