Tuesday, October 4, 2016

"Teen Angel" Part 14 "Earning Your Wings" free theatre scripts for school scene for 3 actors

TEEN ANGEL by D. M. Larson
(ISBN-13: 978-1511481557)

PART 14
Scene - "Earning Your Wings"

GABRIELLA 
(Appears on Stairway to Heaven and watches PEGGY and DAVID dance. She smiles at them as DAVID dips PEGGY and they laugh. After a moment she speaks:) 
I hate to interrupt you but… 

PEGGY 
You’re back? But I thought I become a lost soul. I broke the rules. I have me memories. 

GABRIELLA 
Yes, you did break the rules. And David, they’re not too happy with you down below either. 

DAVID 
Are they ever happy down there? 

GABRIELLA 
Hardly ever. 

DAVID 
Did you come tell us that we’ve become lost souls? Because I think it is obvious. 

PEGGY 
I can’t think of a better person to be lost with though. 

GABRIELLA 
I’ve come to tell you that you’ve found a loop hole in the rules. 

PEGGY 
A loop hole? 

GABRIELLA 
Lost souls are trapped by their memories, but they also have unfinished business. The two of you took care of your unfinished business. You, Peggy, not only let Rick go, but you helped him to find happiness in the process. And you, David, helped resolve a problem you caused for Rick… taking his true love away. 

DAVID 
It’s the least I could do. 

GABRIELLA 
The people downstairs aren’t too happy about it. 
(Rumbling from below) 
Quiet you. 
(Rumbling stops) 
But you’ve made the people upstairs very happy. 

DAVID 
That would be a first. 

GABRIELLA 
I call it just in time redemption. 

DAVID 
Redemption. Me? 

GABRIELLA 
And both of you have found something that always tugs at our heart strings up here… 

DAVID 
Killer dance moves? 
(Does a little spin) 

GABRIELLA 
No, you’ve found love. 

PEGGY 
(Takes DAVID’s hands) 
I know I have. 

DAVID 
Me too. 

GABRIELLA 
So, Peggy. You have accomplished your mission. You have earned your wings. 
(Heavenly lights and sounds. GABRIELLA or other ANGELS can put wings on PEGGY) 

DAVID 
(Smiles at PEGGY) 
So how many of you can fit on the head of a needle? 

GABRIELLA 
And for you David… 

DAVID 
No pitchfork in my future huh? 

GABRIELLA 
No, I’m afraid you have a second chance. 

DAVID 
I was afraid of that. 

GABRIELLA 
I have a mission for you now. 

DAVID 
Another mission? 

GABRIELLA 
And Peggy will be your guide. 

DAVID 
Now I’m liking this. 

GABRIELLA 
You two are a good team. 

DAVID 
So… before I go, do I get a little peak upstairs? 

GABRIELLA 
It is against the rules. 

PEGGY 
Perhaps you can find a loop hole? 

GABRIELLA 
Perhaps I can. Come on. 

(PEGGY takes DAVID’s arm and they follow GABRIELLA up to heaven). 

END OF PLAY

***
BACK TO PART 1

OR

BUY A LOW COST PDF AT
SELLFY.COM


OR

Purchase the book from Amazon.com:




Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.