Sunday, November 20, 2016

"Do It Quick" short Western script for video film for 2 actors

"Do It Quick" 
by D. M. Larson 
(free movie script)

EXT. Desert. DAY.

A cowboy stumbles through the desert. He trips and falls inches from a cactus.


CARL
Nearly took out my eye. Survived being shot at, tied up and trampled and I nearly got blinded by a cactus. There's a word for that I think.

SAL (off)
Irony. They call it irony.

Carl looks up and sees a gun pointed at him. Carl sees the familiar face of Sal.


CARL
You don't give up do you?

SAL
Why won't you die?

CARL
That's why they call me Carl the Cat... I've got nine lives.

SAL
I've took several myself. You gotta be running out.

CARL
Reckon so.

SAL
Well, my colt here wants to find out.

Carl rolls over and spreads out his arms in surrender, spread out on the ground, eyes closed, ready to die. Sal points her gun but then her hand starts to shake. She lowers the gun and falls down next to him in a sitting position.


CARL
Couldn't do it?

SAL
No.

CARL
I was kind of hoping you'd be the one to cut the rope on this sorry excuse for a life.

SAL
Why me?

CARL
Because I hurt you the most...

Carl looks at Sal who is surprised. He puts his hand on hers.


SAL
Didn't think you cared.

CARL
I cared.

Sal pulls her hand away from his, gets to her knees and grabs his throat.


SAL
Then why did you leave faster than a jackrabbit in a snake pit?

Carl is choking.


CARL
I... uh... gu...

Sal lets go.


SAL
Spit it out.

CARL
Dang... you gotta shoot me... choking ain't a good way to go. Do it quick.

SAL
Do it quick. That's your motto.

CARL
Ouch... that hurt almost as much as the choke hold. 

SAL
Oh, sorry. Hate to see that big old ego of yours suffer at all. I guess I could settle for physical suffering instead.

She starts choking him again but stops.


SAL (CONT.)
You ain't never told me why you left me.

CARL 
I think you were trying to shoot me.

SAL
You think? So many gals you don't remember?

CARL
Well, one minute we were all cozier than two kittens in saddle bag and then next there was shooting and you screaming at me like a banshee.

SAL
Banshee!

Sal starts choking him again. Carl's eyes roll back in his head. She stops.


CARL
You... gotta... stop that.

SAL
Sorry... just a reflex. Got myself a good grip. Some guys like it rough...

CARL
I can't say I do.

SAL
Well, I didn't do no shooting that night. And I was screaming for you to come back.

CARL
I was half asleep. It felt like Hell itself was opening up under me. I learned long ago to run first and hope there ain't no questions later.

SAL
You can't keep running forever. You can't run from everything.

CARL
I pretty much had done that... til now.

SAL
You really wanted to run from me?

CARL
Not really... you're the best I've had. All them other gals either are selling or not sharing. But from you... it was different some how. Felt something I'd never felt before.

SAL
Me too.

CARL
I've never had a home, but for those few hours I had with you... for that time I rested in your arms... I kind of wondered if that's what home felt like.

SAL
Yes, that's a right perdy way to say it.

She bends down and Carl flinches a bit, but instead of choking him, she kisses him. They embrace and grab passionately at each other. But suddenly she stops when she feels something in one of his pockets.

SAL (CONT.)
What's that?

She pulls out a bag that jingles. Carl's eyes get big.


SAL (CONT.)
You took my gold. This here is my bag and that sounds like my gold coins.
Carl struggles and she stands with her gun in her hand. We see Carl's eyes widen and then Sal fires her gun. A stream of blood rolls down between his eyes. She slowly walks away as a few flies discover a new source of comfort in the desert.


THE END


Copyright (c) 2013 * All Rights Reserved * Please contact D. M. Larson at doug@freedrama.net for permission to use the script. All videos must list http://freedramaplays.blogspot.com/ as the source of the script in the credits and video description.

Here is the complete list of rules for using one of my scripts for a video: http://freedramaplays.blogspot.com/2015/07/would-you-like-to-use-free-script-for.html

free film video script



                 

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.