Thursday, December 15, 2016

Bad Air Texas Part 6 scene "Texas Tramps" funny full length play

Bad Air Texas Part 6

STACY
Let’s stop kidding around, please.
RICK
So what is our role in all this?
STACY
He wants to meet the employees of AirCraphvia Amarillo during his visit.
CAMI
But why is he visiting Amarillo? This has to be about the smallest AirCraphvia office in the world.
STACY
His daughter goes to school here at the Amarillo branch of Texas A and G University of the Arts. She’s studying to be an actress.
CAMI
Oh, yeah. I’ve seen her in something. They made a big deal out of it because she is a dictator’s daughter. I think she was that soap opera that’s filmed on a ranch near hear… Texas Tramps I think it’s called. She was a maid or something.
RICK
(A bit dreamy)
She was a stable hand named Lola. She also plays Lola’s twin sister Dr. Linda Love, the brain surgeon.
STACY
Are you a fan of hers?
RICK
(Blushes)
My mother has watched that show for a long time and she got me hooked on it too. It’s pretty amazing that his daughter was born speaking Craphvian and learned English well enough to play an English speaker on television here. Now she does theatre here in Amarillo and I saw her do an amazing Maria in the Sound of Music.
STACY
Anyway, she’ll be arriving here to meet her father and I want you to make her feel at home while she waits.
CAMI
Rick can handle that I’m sure.
(Gives him a playful nudge and RICK blushes more)
RICK
(Excited for the first time)
We’ll do everything we can to make their stay a pleasant one.
STACY
I knew I could count on you.
(Looks off R)
Now if someone could just control the weather. It’s turning nasty out there.
RICK
I heard it might snow.
STACY
Ah! Don’t say it! Don’t say it.
CAMI
(Aside to RICK)
Snow.
STACY
I have a few things to do in the office. I’ll be back to meet the dictator… I mean president.
(Motions RICK to her)
Uh, Rick?
RICK
(Goes to her obediently)
Yes, Ms. Toredovich.
STACY
I haven’t been very impressed with your performance so far.
RICK
I am so sorry. I promise I will do everything in my power to please you.
STACY
(Winks at him)
That’s what I hoped you would say. Why don’t you stop by the office a little later and we’ll… talk.
(Exits R)

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.