Monday, May 4, 2015

"Hostages" monologue by Clint Snyder

"Hostages"
(guest blogger)

Morgan
Talking to parents about a day at the museum.
     I’m never going back to the museum again, I can tell you that right now, partly because I’m not allowed to go back.  The guard said that after he took my handcuffs off.  He also told me that he only used handcuffs because I stepped on his foot and spit in his face and insulted his mother, but I don’t feel bad at all because I had every right to do those things.  They shouldn’t be allowed to have dead people locked up in their stupid glass things.  I had never thought about it before, but when I was walking by the Egypt exhibit I saw a mummy. I didn’t realize it at first, but apparently a mummy is a dead person… this disturbs me.  I told my chaperone that I thought that was wrong because my grandma was dead and she certainly would not like it if someone put her dead body in a glass box… You know what she told me?  It’s good for science.  I told her I don’t care if it’s good for science it is most certainly not good for my grandma and that was probably some one else’s grandma, but instead of helping me bust them out, the dumb chaperone just took me to another exhibit, which was even more disturbing.  It was a human body exhibit that showed the inside of real dead people’s bodies in plastic, doing dumb things like shooting arrows and riding bicycles.  The chaperone said it was neat because it showed the different muscle groups and that was when I really started freaking out.  I shouted, “They’re keeping the bodies hostage! They’re keeping the bodies hostage!”   I kicked open one of the cases and that’s when the guard grabbed me.  That’s why I’m not allowed to go back in, but it’s just a prison for dead people, so who would want to go in a dumb place like that anyway?

For More Plays, One Acts, Monologues and more 
by Clint Snyder Click Here


Copyright © 2015 Clint Snyder

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.