Sunday, July 26, 2015

We are the Phoenix - free romantic monologue for solo actor performance, audition, workshop, competition or classroom - love poem

"We are the Phoenix"
by D. M. Larson

For permission to use this script, please contact doug@freedrama.net (please include the title "We are the Phoenix" in your request).

PHOENIX

We are born alone, separate… in pieces… missing something of ourselves.

 So we are born searching, looking for something to make us complete.

 We wander the darkness of our lives, seeking light.  

 A single flame burned in my future.  Waiting… waiting… waiting for me to find you.

 But I was blind and didn’t see you even though you were near.  But I had grown so cold, entombed in ice.  I felt nothing, saw nothing, heard nothing around me.

 But your flame burned bright. At last, I could feel the heat… I desired it…  I needed your fire to melt the ice that caged my spirit.

 Your warmth slowly filled me, awakening my spirit and releasing my soul. A soul that now belongs to you. A soul that is a part of you and you of me. Expanding a soul that we were meant to share together.

 You are the piece that completed me.

 With you, I was reborn, like a phoenix rising from the ashes.   

 I was burned by my past, damaged and falling apart into dust… but you were the fire that gave me new life… with you I was reborn.  I live again, more mighty than before… more powerful… more vibrant.  

 There is no end to you and no beginning to me… we are infinity… forever dancing in an eternal embrace. You are the flames that dance around my heart.  You burn life into my soul and we soar together on wings made of the sun, forever burning with love.

END OF MONOLOGUE
****
For more free monologues go to http://www.freedrama.net/small1.html


free romantic monologue for solo actor performance, audition, workshop, competition or classroom love poem

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.