Friday, October 9, 2015

"Adventure and Riches" short 30 second monologue from the published play "The Pirate and the Princess"

This is a short 30 second monologue from the play "The Princess and the Pirate" about the nanny of the Princess (Fuchsia). The nanny hates pirates because a past love left her to become one.

***
"ADVENTURE AND RICHES"
by D. M. Larson
NANNY
They lured him away with talk of adventure and riches. Yes, we were poor but I was happy. I didn't want anything more. We had enough. But I guess it was only enough for me... I should have told him that. I wish I had said that more. I think he wanted to get rich so he could marry me. But I would have married him no matter how poor he was.


END OF MONOLOGUE

***


  • For permission to use this monologue, please contact doug@freedrama.net (please include the title "Adventure and Riches" in your request).

This script is from the published play "The Pirate and the Princess" ISBN-13: 978-1515169765





Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.