Tuesday, October 27, 2015

"I Sound Crazy" monologue for male from Death of an Insurance Salesman

"I SOUND CRAZY"

monologue for male

by

D. M. Larson

***

RALPH
I’m tired of doing everything right. I’m tired of following all the rules. Where has it gotten me? I’m in a dead end job where I get passed over for promotion after promotion. I do more on this floor than everyone put together. But hard work isn’t what matters. It’s all about being someone’s friend, someone’s drinking buddy… a good old boy is who succeeds. 

I just wanted to do my job. I just wanted to be really really good at it and get rewarded for my hard work. Is that too much to ask? It’s too much to expect I guess. Somehow I got this powerful work ethic pounded into me at an early age. I’m sick of it though. It’s draining the life out of me… and I haven’t even lived.

But when we ran away together… something changed… I was excited for the first time in my life… Something inside me broke free… my soul perhaps… my spirit… it had been caged up and hidden away. But you had the key… the key to free my soul and give it wings.

I sound crazy don’t I?  I feel a little crazy now. Crazy in a good way. Crazy in the best way possible. And it’s because of you. Somehow you found a way to help me escape the nightmare of my life… the living death that entombed me. But now I am free.

That night we spent together… it was the best night of my life. I have never been so happy. I’m not ever sure I knew what happy was before last night. I never wanted it to end.

END OF MONOLOGUE

***

For permission to use this script, please contact doug@freedrama.net (include the title "I Sound Crazy" in the request).




Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.