Friday, June 3, 2016

Rats in the Darkness dramatic monologue about Drones and Killing without a Trial

"RATS IN THE DARKNESS" serious monologue by D. M. Larson about using drones to kill people without a fair trail and the deaths of innocent bystanders.

(Mohammad is trapped in this home, using an online video feed to speak to anyone who will listen)

AMMON
Please I need help. I'm trapped here and I'm being watched. I can see it out my window... Waiting. Waiting to kill me. I've seen it happen again and again. They send those things to kill us. To control us. To make us hide like rats in the darkness. And I know that one is here for me. When I try to step outside it comes for me. I can see it crave me. I can feel it's eyes upon me. I can't escape it.  I'm trapped here and I am running out of food. I need someone to help me.


I'm not a terrorist! I never hurt anyone - please - you have to believe me. Someone has to listen.  

Tell your government to leave me alone. Tell them to leave all of us alone. What did I  do to you? What did i do to your country that you hate me so much?

Those people that hurt you are not my people.  So why must you punish us all?

Why can't you forgive us?




END OF MONOLOGUE

***
For permission to use this monologue, please contact doug@freedrama.net



Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.