Saturday, December 17, 2016

Bad Air Texas Part 11 scene "His Dictatorship" free stage play script

Bad Air Texas
Part 11

ACT I Scene 2 for two act play

ACT II Scene 1 for three act play
(Same setting as ACT I, Scene 1. EVA enters)
RICK
Oh, hi, Eva. Did you hear the announcement?
EVA
No.
RICK
You’re father is here.
EVA
Already? How did the plane get here so fast?
RICK
(Checks computer)
Says here they didn’t stop in New York as planned. I imagine he wanted to beat the snowstorm. He barely did. They are starting to reroute some flights to other airports. Wow, this never happens here.
EVA
I guess his dictatorship wanted a direct flight.
RICK
Imagine being that powerful. Wouldn’t that be something?
EVA
Go ahead and dream, Rick. And maybe one day you can be a dictator of your own little European country.
RICK
Me? I doubt I’m the type.
EVA
(Sizes him up)
Let me see… Good looking, friendly, nice…
(Laughs)
Nope, not the type at all.
RICK
You make it sounds like a good thing.
EVA
It is, Rick. Being a dictator isn’t as fun and glamorous as TV makes it out to be.
RICK
Glamorous? More like dangerous. And what about being his daughter. Are you ever in danger?
EVA
You don’t have to fear danger when you’re dangerous.
RICK
(Chuckles nervously)
That’s a joke, right?
EVA
Sure, why not.
RICK
Uh, okay…
(Nervously fiddles with computer)
EVA
So you’re my own personal welcome wagon?
RICK
The others went to greet your father.
EVA
That Cami. She’s an interesting one.
RICK
Interesting is a word for her.
EVA
You two involved?
RICK
Me and Cami? No. We just work together. She actually gets on my nerves, but I try to get along.
EVA
Now there’s a concept. Trying to get along. Whenever daddy doesn’t like someone, he just snaps his fingers and they disappear.
RICK
Oh, boy…
EVA
Am I scaring you?
RICK
Me? Scared of some silly old dictator? Ha!
EVA
I hoped this snowstorm would keep him away completely.
RICK
Really? You two have problems?
EVA
I don’t need to be spreading around my dirty laundry.
RICK
I’m sure your laundry is never too dirty.
EVA
(Laughs)
You’re funny.
RICK
(Gets up some courage)
You know. I know I’m just some regular guy without an army or money or power, but would you consider…
EVA
Sure.
RICK
Sure?
EVA
You’re asking me out aren’t you?
RICK
Well, yeah.
EVA
I’ll go out with you, as long as my daddy approves.
RICK
(Heart sinks)
Oh…
EVA
Sorry, but it’s the Craphvian law. Daddy has made laws about anything and everything. He just loves laws that make things more difficult for everyone but him.
RICK
Craphvia sounds like a fun country.
EVA
That’s why I’m in Texas. To get away from the stupid laws so I can try living my life.
RICK
You’re doing pretty well too. You’re becoming quite a star on TV.
EVA
It’s just bit parts in some unknown soap opera. The theatre is what I really enjoy. Daddy says he may arrange for me to get a big role on Broadway.
RICK
But wouldn’t you rather make it on your own merits, instead of letting your father buy your way in.
EVA
No, not really. This way is much quicker.
RICK
I guess so.
EVA
Oh, I see. You’re one of those guys who wants to get somewhere on his own sweat and tears.
RICK
I’d prefer to skip the sweat and tears, but I’d like to get somewhere on my own, yes.
EVA
I hate to tell you, but you aren’t off to a very good start.
RICK
I’ll have you know my parents worked hard to give me a good life. I make more in a day than they made in a month at my age. They are very proud of me.
EVA
And I probably have more in my purse than you make in a month.
RICK
Probably…
EVA
And I didn’t have to work at all for it.
RICK
Hey, acting is work.
EVA
Acting doesn’t make me this kind of money. Daddy gives it to me.
RICK
So how did he make all his money?
EVA
Do you really want to know?
RICK
Uh, maybe not.
EVA
How’s that saying go, if you can’t handle the fire, don’t play with the oven.
RICK
(Chuckles)
Something like that.
EVA
Daddy is no worse than some of your presidents in this country. Clinton, Nixon, Kennedy…
RICK
Wait a minute. I’ll admit some of those guy had their problems, but Kennedy?
EVA
He started the Vietnam War.
RICK
He did not.
EVA
That’s not what I hear. See, your government only tells you what they want you to know. Did you know the U.S. helped my daddy rise to power?
RICK
No way. I know that’s not true.
EVA
It is true. Everyone in Craphvia knows it. Daddy was a big hero because he defeated the evil communists. Your country supplied the guns and the military training. Without the U.S., my daddy would be another outcast general who lost all his land to the people’s revolution.
RICK
You’re serious, aren’t you? The U.S. really helped your father. But all those stories about what he did… I can’t believe it.
EVA
Next time you go pointing a finger, you remember you got four pointing right back at you.
RICK
Okay, okay. You win. Truce?
EVA
(Smiles)
Sure, Rick. I know how you feel. I was innocent like you once. My daddy always tried to keep me away from the action. He never wanted me to know what really went on.
RICK
When did you realize what was going on?
EVA
When I kidnapped by some wacko group called the People’s Freedom Revolution Liberation Party of Craphvia.
RICK
You were kidnapped?
EVA
Daddy was furious, he made heads roll… literally.
(Grows sad)
It was very traumatic.
RICK
I’m sure it was. All those people dying…
EVA
Not that part… the part about being kidnapped. They kept me locked up in this little room and didn’t allow me to have any servants. I had to cut my own food.
RICK
You’re joking right?
EVA
It’s easier to joke about it, then face the reality, don’t you think?
RICK
I see your point.
EVA
Daddy decided I was safer in the United States.
RICK
Sounds like it.
EVA
I feel at home with all the mugging, drugs, and drive by shootings.
RICK
(Laughs)
Good point.
EVA
I refuse to have bodyguards, but I think daddy pays people to keep an eye on me. He’s very considerate that way.
RICK
If you say so…
EVA
I wonder where’s the big dictator is?
RICK
They should be down any minute.
EVA
(Points to his computer)
What’s that flashing red screen mean?
RICK
(Looks at computer)
Oh, no. Stacy’s not going to like this. They’re closing the roads. There’s a big wreck on the I-40… They can’t clear it with the snow this bad… That means we’re trapped.
EVA
Trapped? Here?
RICK

The police say they won’t open the roads until the snow stops.

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.