Thursday, December 15, 2016

Bad Air Texas Part 8 scene "Bag Boy" free stage play script

BAD AIR TEXAS PART 8

RICK
(STACY enters R as RICK talks to himself)
Wow, now she’s someone I’d like to get to know.
STACY
(From behind)
I hope you’re talking about me.
RICK
Oh, Ms. Toredovich. Back so soon?
STACY
I was thinking that I needed some help in the office.
RICK
Sure, once Cami gets back, I’ll be right there.
STACY
(Plays with RICK’s shirt)
So anxious, so willing…
RICK
(Suspicious)
Uh, well, uh, what kind of help do you need?
STACY
I’ve got this bottle of wine that needs help drinking. I have several for the old dictator when he arrives. I’m sure he won’t miss one little bottle.
RICK
Uh… Ms. Toredovich…
STACY
Look, we have a long evening ahead of us. The big guy won’t be here for another two hours and I need to unwind a little before we start running around like roosters in a cock fight.
(Very direct)
And you seem like a nice guy who would like to keep his job.
RICK
(Sighs)
Whatever you say, Ms. Toredovich…
STACY
Call me, Stacy.
(Smiles)
Now you rush right back to the office as soon as Cami returns.
(Starts to go, then stops)
Oh, and bring me some of those chocolates Cami keeps talking about.
RICK
(STACY exits R)
Sure thing. No problem.
(Bangs head on computer monitor)
Why me?
(CAMI enters L)
I can’t figure out if I am cursed or blessed.
CAMI
(Sneaks up behind him. Pinches him on the cheek)
Both I think.
RICK
Hey, you just missed the boss lady.
CAMI
Did you say where I was? Did you say I was showing Eva around?
RICK
No, I said you were giving the customers special rates in the back room.
CAMI
Ha, ha. Very funny.
RICK
So where is Eva?
CAMI
In the ladies room.
(Smiles at RICK)
You like her don’t you?
RICK
(Shrugs, trying to ignore CAMI)
I don’t know.
CAMI
(Pokes him)
Come on, Rick. I know that look. It’s like that look I get when I see some chocolate. You’ve got it bad for her.
RICK
So what if I do? It doesn’t matter. She’s rich. She’s going to be a famous actress. Why would she want to bother with a guy like me?
CAMI
Beats me. Maybe to make her daddy mad?
RICK
Great. That’s just what I need is a half-crazed military dictator mad at me.
CAMI
So how bad do you have it for her?
RICK
I have her picture.
(Pulls out wallet and a huge thing of photos comes out)
CAMI
One or two pictures I see.
RICK
Who am I kidding? I worship this woman. That's why I took this job, so I might have a chance to see her. I know her father owns this airline. I know that the only reason this office exists is so she can fly for free to Craphvia to visit her father.
CAMI
You little schemer, you. A devious mind is a terrible thing to waste. So now you've met her in the flesh. She as wonderful as you thought?
RICK
Even more wonderful.
CAMI
Then ask her out.
RICK
Me? Now way. It’s bad enough that she’s an actress. Why does she have to be so rich and powerful too? My chances are as about as good as a rattlesnake on a highway.
CAMI
You’re chances look pretty good with boss lady though.
RICK
Don’t remind me. I’m supposed to go back there now and “help” her.
CAMI
You are in trouble, my friend.
RICK
Please, Cami. You’ve got to help me out of this.
CAMI
No way am I getting involved. I like my job.
RICK
So do I, but…
(Drifts off)
CAMI
But what?
RICK
But what about Eva?
CAMI
You said it yourself. What are your chances? She is a rich, beautiful, talented woman. Then there’s a poor little airline bag boy…
RICK
I’m not a bag boy… not anymore.
CAMI
If you don’t get back there and “help” the boss lady, you’ll be lucky to be the bag boy.
RICK
Bag boy or boy toy? What a choice.
CAMI
Or unemployed. It’s a no brainer.
RICK
I guess then it’s off to the wolves.
CAMI

Too late. She’s coming to hunt you down.

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.