Thursday, December 22, 2016

Time Travel Adventure "Control the Future" scene 2 and 3 free stage play script

"Control the Future"
by D. M. Larson

SCENE 2


JONES
Stranded back in time… no way to escape.  I will have to forge a new life for myself and find a way to blend into the past. Or will I have to hide and isolate myself?  Anything I do could affect the future… I could have a huge impact… Perhaps I was meant to make a difference in this world… or should I abide by the Time Code and avoid any contact.  Should I fade away and let the world forget about me?


(BAKER appears part way through JONES’ speech. BAKER looks younger now with no white/gray wig and smiles ironically)


BAKER
Or you could just wait until someone comes to rescue you.


JONES
Baker… but you’re…


BAKER
Dead?


JONES
Yes.


BAKER
My older self died here today, but I am the younger me… here to save you.


JONES
Oh… cool.


BAKER
So you ready to go… back to the future?


JONES
Please.


BAKER
You didn’t leave anything behind?


JONES
Well, uh…


BAKER
Oh, no. What did you leave?


JONES
These guys… they were these horrible zombies… and they took my credit card… and my emergency bag. We’ll have to recover these items… according to the Time Code, even one small piece of the future is like a pebble that hits the water and creates huge ripples throughout time.


BAKER
That Time Code sounds like a real drag.


JONES
You don’t have the Time Code in your time?


BAKER
They must have written it later. Our main rule is don’t kill anyone.


JONES
Good rule.  Keeps it simple.  


BAKER
Ready to go… back to the future?


JONES
You like saying that don’t you?


BAKER
I really do.


JONES
Your older self would never say silly things like that.


BAKER
My older self sounds like a real stick in the mud.


JONES
You help write the Time Code too.


BAKER
Geez.  What happens to me in the future?  I’m like the cool maverick guy now… the loose canon… the rogue.


JONES
Oh, they don’t allow guys like that anymore.


BAKER
I bet I broke the mold… there will never be anyone like me again.


JONES
You won’t even be like you again.


BAKER
Weird. Makes me wonder what happens.  Let’s go.


(BAKER gives JONES a device)


BAKER (CONT.)
Begin countdown.


JONES
Wow, a classic time travel wrist watch. I haven’t seen one of these in person before. It’s like I’m wearing history.


BAKER
Get used to it… I’m all about making history.


JONES
That almost sounded like a catch phrase… almost.


BAKER
5… 4… 3… 2… 1…


JONES
Oh, wait… I….


(LIGHTS BLACKOUT)


SCENE 3


(BAKER and JONES are in darkness)


BAKER
What were you going to say?


JONES
I was going to ask what time period we were jumping too.


BAKER
We jumped to your time… after I’m dead so I won’t run into myself and create a paradox or anything.


(Lights come up and Creatures are walking around. Aliens, werewolves, vampires, gremlins, people with weird features, etc.)


JONES
Wait a minute… this isn’t my time… this isn’t even my world.


BAKER
This old piece of junk.  Where are we?


(A human looking person with books and papers wanders by.  A creature bumps into him and he drops his stuff)


ALAN
Hey!


CREATURE
Watch yourself.


ALAN
Do you know who I am?


CREATURE
Oh… sorry Dr. Alan.


BAKER
Excuse me…


ALAN
Dr. Alan.


BAKER
Huh?


ALAN
My name is Dr. Alan. Perhaps you’ve heard of me?


BAKER
Sorry… no.



ALAN
I’m late for my lecture.


JONES
Let me help you carry your stuff.


BAKER
Can you tell us what year this is?  


JONES
And what planet?


ALAN
The year is 2155.  The planet Earth.  You’re not time travelers are you?


BAKER
Maybe…


ALAN
Well, don’t be… it’s outlawed now.


JONES
Outlawed… it was never outlawed.  I’m from 2155… this can’t be Earth.


ALAN
Well, it is.  Did you accidentally change your timeline?  Don’t you guys have a Time Code or something that keeps you from doing that?


BAKER
Don’t say it, Jones.


ALAN
Why don’t you guys come to my lecture?  I’m late… and I could use a hand. Then after, I’ll see what I can do to help. I’ve always been fascinated by time travel.


JONES
We appreciate the help.


BAKER
What is going on here?  


JONES
This isn’t the future I’m from. Something I left must have affected things.  I told you the Time Code was important.


BAKER
We’ll just go back and fix it.


JONES
Let’s go then.


BAKER
These watch take time to recharge.  So let’s see what Dr. Alan has to say and maybe we can pinpoint what technology you left behind that created this problem.


JONES
Let’s go.  Dr. Alan is waiting for us.


BAKER
Did you see which way he went?


JONES
This way I think.


END OF SCENE

NEXT SCENE
MONSTER SURVIVAL SKILLS

or

GO TO MAIN MENU
OF ALL SCENES

AND CAST OF CHARACTERS


Buy the book on Amazon.com 
ISBN-13: 978-1540666581
or

purchase a low cost PDF from Sellfy.com



Time Travel Adventure "Control the Future" free stage play script
Art by Shiela Larson

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.