Saturday, April 22, 2017

"Burn His House Down" free acting monologue for male or female actors

"BURN HIS HOUSE DOWN"
monologue
by D. M. Larson

Copyright (c) 2017 All Rights Reserved



***


I often wonder why some countries around the world hate my country so much. I’m not even sure what we’re doing wrong. And that’s the problem. I have no clue what my country is doing. What has my country done to make people so angry?

I know the arguments. If we take care of problems in other countries, then we won’t have problems here. That’s kind of true, but is it the right thing to do? If I burn down my annoying neighbor’s house, I don’t have to worry about him playing his music too loud or having his dog poop on my lawn. But I destroyed his home in the process. I might have even killed someone. And I made all the other neighbors anxious and nervous. Is that the kind of neighborhood I want?

At some point, someone needs to take a step back and say, if I do this now, will it create more problems later. I might stop a problem now, but am I make a worse problem later. If I fight the parents, do I teach their children to hate me? Whatever happened to love your enemies? Nothing. That’s the problem. I’m not sure anyone has loved their enemies yet. I wonder what would happen if we started? Maybe if we’re kinder to our enemies, we won’t have so many enemies anymore.

END OF MONOLOGUE

***


Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.