Wednesday, April 19, 2017

"Don't Be A Hero" free acting monologue for male or female actor

"DON’T BE A HERO"
monologue
by D. M. Larson

Copyright (c) 2017 All Rights Reserved
For permission to use this monologue, contact doug@freedrama.net


I don’t have a weapon. I’m unarmed. Put your gun away. I’m listening, okay? I’ll do whatever you want. Here’s my wallet. Is that what you want? Take it. Take it!

I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to yell. I’ve never had this happen before. I’ve never had a gun pointed at me. I didn’t know what it was like.

I thought I could handle something like this. I thought I was brave, but… I know I’m not.

“Don’t be a hero,” must be my motto. You hear that and think… but maybe I would be. Maybe I could face danger and stand up and do something no one else would do.  

I won’t. No, no. Don’t worry. I won’t. I’m not a hero. I’ll do whatever say. Just, please, don’t shoot me.

END OF MONOLOGUE


***


***

Find Free Stage Play Scripts at Freedrama.net

Freedrama offers free stage play scripts, monologues and theatre games at no cost to actors, directors, teachers and students for the classroom or acting performances. Find tons of resources for teaching and learning acting, speech and communication skills.





Important Copyright Notice

These scripts may be used for FREE but PLEASE do NOT repost the TEXT of any script online in any way. Students, actors, teachers and student may use the scripts for acting or classroom activities and even videos, but do NOT repost them on the internet. Please link to the scripts on the website. We love that! But these scripts are published and protected by copyright (c) 2001-2017 so do not upload the entire text of a script. Performing the scripts for an audience or on a video is totally okay. Just be sure to credit the author and our website (Freedrama.net). Thank you!

Blog post on how copying our scripts without permission hurts us as writers






MORE FREE PLAYS FROM FREEDRAMA.NET!

POPULAR Free Stage Play Scripts


Free MONOLOGUES for 1 Actor


Free Monologues for one TEEN Actor


Free One Act and Full Length Plays for TEEN Actors


Free SHORT Stage Play Scripts and SKITS


Short Monologues


Free FUNNY Short Stage Play Scripts and COMEDY Skits


Funny Comedy Monologues  


Free DUOLOGUES for 2 Actors


Free ONE ACT Plays


Free One Act and Full Length Plays for CHILDREN


Free Monologues for KIDS


Short Plays for CHILDREN


Full Length Plays


Small cast plays for CHILDREN


Short FILM scripts for video


Free Online ACTING School and Tips for New Actors


IMPROV Theatre Games


MadScripts Fill in the Blank Classroom GAMES


Classroom Ideas for TEACHERS

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.