Tuesday, May 9, 2017

"The Joke Killer" short acting monologue for male or female 1 minute solo script for actor

"THE JOKE KILLER"
1 minute monologue
by D. M. Larson

Copyright (c) 2017 All Rights Reserved




***
It’s so hard to be funny. I can’t even tell jokes right. When I hear something funny, I try to remember it, but then it comes out wrong. There’s nothing better than making people laugh. Laughter really is the best medicine. A good joke can change a sad, dark or tense moment into a tolerable one. Something funny can turn my day around. I want to do that for other people too.



And on those rare occasion where I am funny, I ruin it somehow. I don’t know when to stop. I can’t let a joke linger and spread it’s good will. I have to shovel it deep and spread it like manure. If it’s funny once, it will be funny over and over again right? Wrong. But I never learn. I’m the joke killer. That should be my superpower… joke killing. Don’t let me near something funny, okay? You don’t want humor to fall into the wrong hands. These hands will use and abuse it.


END OF MONOLOGUE


***


Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.