Sunday, February 9, 2020

THIS IS MY SONG a funny comedy skit for 2 actors

THIS IS MY SONG
A comedy skit for 2 actors
(male or female)
By D. M. Larson


(JINGLE is trying to sing)


JINGLE: This is my song. This is my song! THIS IS MY SONG!


BODO: What are you doing?


JINGLE: Trying to make up a song. Make up a song! MAKE UP A SONG!


BODO: Why?


JINGLE: There’s this contest, see. And I want to win. Want to win! WANT TO WIN!


BODO: What’s the prize?


JINGLE: A prize? You think I’m doing this merely to win some prize?
I do this for the art of song. I do this for the joy of singing.
I do this to brighten the world through song.


BODO: No, seriously. What’s the prize?


JINGLE: There might be a cash prize… and a trip… and a television appearance.


BODO: I see.


JINGLE: But that’s not important. It’s about the music.


BODO: But the prize helps.


JINGLE: Are you going to help me or not?


BODO: Fine. But have you ever written a song?


JINGLE: How hard can it be? I’m always singing. I’m alway listening to music.
I was made to make music.


BODO: Well, it’s probably important to pick a topic for the song.


JINGLE: A topic… hmmm.


BODO: Maybe you can sing about something you like?


(JINGLE tries singing)


JINGLE: I could make a song about puppies. Puppies are so very cute to me. 


(JINGLE stops singing)


JINGLE: What rhymes with puppies?


BODO: Duppies, buppies…


JINGLE: What are duppies and buppies?


BODO: Yuppies!


(JINGLE sings)


JINGLE: I could make a song about puppies. Puppies are so very very cute.
I would share them with the yuppies. Their sweetness is something you can’t refute.


BODO: Not bad.


JINGLE: What are yuppies anyway?


BODO: Young urban professionals.


JINGLE: I still don’t know what that is.


BODO: Maybe the song should be about dogs. 


(JINGLE sings)


JINGLE: This is my song about a puppy dog. Puppies are so very very cute.
A dog is better than a smelly hog. This is something you can’t refute.


(BODO laughs)


BODO: Not bad.


JINGLE: Thank you.


BODO: You’re welcome.


JINGLE: I’m glad you like it.


BODO: I’m glad you’re glad.


JINGLE: I’m so glad that you’re glad that I’m glad.


BODO: Do you think you’ll win?


JINGLE: It’s not about the winning.


BODO: Oh, that’s right. It’s about the music.


JINGLE: Correct-a-mundo.


(They sing together and exit)


JINGLE and BODO (together): This is my song about a puppy dog.
Puppies are so very very cute. A dog is better than a smelly hog.
This is something you can’t refute.


END OF SCENE

Buy a low cost PDF of this skit at https://sellfy.com/p/y1ehuh/


Purchasing the PDF gives you the right to perform the monologue in a workshop, free performance or competition.

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.