Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Get Better Again - free monologue for male - drama solo stage play script

Jack is a homeless man who finds a wallet full of money and tells his friend about it.

For permission to use this monologue, email doug@freedrama.net (please include the title "Get Better Again" in the request).


****
"Get Better Again" by D. M. Larson
from the play

"Death of an Insurance Salesman" 
ISBN-13: 978-1518665547


JACK

Look what I found... A wallet... A nice wallet... It's a treasure. My treasure. I won't show you... No...

You wanna see what's inside don't you? It's pretty nice... So nice. It's green. Lots of green.

He lost it... Finders keepers...

And I know him... I know this man... Here's his picture... See, you know him too... We all know him... Because he's... you know... More than famous... Infamous... So infamously bad...

He hurts people. I've seen it too. Hurts them .... Skkkrttt! 

(Motion across throat) 

Takes them in the alleys and cuts them. There was a struggle this time... She fought back... And he dropped this... My treasure... My greens...

You ok? Why're you not happy for me?  You jealous?

Sick again? Always sick. You need help... Help so bad. I wanna help you. I do. I didn't mean to get mad at you. We're friends.  We're buddies. We got each other's back, right. That's what you said, "I got your back, Jack."

Hey, the green! You can go and get help with my green. You wanna do that? Get better? Go to the hospital and get better. And rest up... They feed you, bathe you... Fix you up. Get you clean again. I love being clean again.

You go... Take it... Take it and get better. See... I have your old coat... You gave it to me. I don't forget...  Take the green, get good again. You was good to me, now I be good to you. Go! Get better.

We all want to get better again.


END
*****

From the upcoming Book of James project: 1:9 - "Believers in humble circumstances ought to take pride in their high position."

For more free monologues, go to http://www.freedrama.net/small1.html

For more monologues for men, go to http://www.freedrama.net/small1m.html

For more dramatic monologues, go to http://www.freedrama.net/small1d.html

Get Better Again - free monologue for male - drama solo stage play script

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.