Thursday, January 22, 2015

"The Sunday Gamble" free monologue for male - ironic comedy solo stage play script

"The Sunday Gamble" by D. M. Larson

Buy a low cost PDF of this monologue at:
Sellfy.com

PARKER
Come on... Please. I'm begging you God. Give this to me and I will give you my all... I will dedicate myself to you. Scout's honor!

(Tries to figure out number of fingers for Scout salute)

I need this. I know I always pray that but this time I really do. I know it seems like I pray to you only when I really want something ... Or really worried about something. But that's what you're there for right? Like an exam in school or the flu. I know should talk to you when things are good. I know it's good to be thankful for good things too.  I just forget. Forgive me? Forgive and forget? You forgive I forget. Just a little prayer humor. Sorry about that.

So how about it God? I really need this. I have never wanted anything so much in my life.

Please help my team to win on Sunday. I have a lot riding on this one. And if you give me this, I promise to be at church every Sunday... except this one. But every single Sunday after this. How is that for a deal?


END


****
Buy a low cost PDF of this monologue at:

Sellfy.com

from the play
"Death of an Insurance Salesman" ISBN-13: 978-1518665547 
Book:
PDF of full play: 


For permission to use this monologue, contact doug@freedrama.net (please include the title in your request "The Sunday Gamble."


****


From the published play, "Death of an Insurance Salesman": 


For more free monologues, go to http://www.freedrama.net/small1.html

For more free monologues for men, go to http://www.freedrama.net/small1m.html


For more free comedy monologues, go to http://www.freedrama.net/small1c.html


****
Inspired by the quote "1:7 - That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord" from my Book of James project.  Soon to be part of the play "Midnight of the Soul"

superbowl sunday  free monologue for male - ironic comedy solo stage play script

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.