Friday, October 9, 2015

"She is Mine" - serious dramatic monologue - free solo stage play script - possible duologue

"She is Mine"
by D. M. Larson


(This can be done as a solo piece or a second actor can enter who is a similar build and look to the actor but is disguised - face hidden - in a hood and/or hat and sunglasses - walking around in the shadows playing a silent demon-like stalker)



TURK
Please not now... Why did you have to follow me here?



I want to be left alone.



I can't get away from you can I? You'll always be with me. No matter how hard I try to hide, you always find me.



Therapy... drugs... nothing helps.



Why won't you stop?



I'm never alone. I never hear the silence. There's always something screaming inside me, never giving me peace. Screaming inside I can't even think... Can't even feel.



Can't you allow me this one thing? Can't you allow one moment of happiness?



She helps me… she helps me forget about the past... helps me forget about you.



I thought I was rid of you!



(He sees her approaching)



It's her...



Please go. I'll do anything, just let me have this one thing... Go! Now!



No! I can't let her see you. Please, leave her alone. You can't have her.



She is mine!



(In a two person version with the silent stalker, the final line "She is mine!" can be said together)



END OF SCENE



***


Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.