Tuesday, October 4, 2016

"Teen Angel" part 11 scene for 2 teen actors "Guilt is a Form of Memory"

"TEEN ANGEL" by D. M. Larson
  • ISBN-13: 978-1511481557

PART 11 - "Guilt is a Form of Memory"

(SONG: “Earth Angel” by the Crew Cuts)

(Lights come up on DAVID alone and lost in thought. PEGGY enters)

PEGGY
David?

DAVID
I think I’ve made a big mistake.

PEGGY
What do you mean?

DAVID
I’m afraid memories are as much my enemy as they are yours.

PEGGY
Are you remembering something about your life?

DAVID
I think so.

PEGGY
What are you remembering?

DAVID
I was in a car accident…

PEGGY 
Anything else?

DAVID
I was drag racing. Right out there.
(Pause. PEGGY is silent)
We came up on a curve. I cut the other guy off. There was this truck. Both of us swerved into each other and then the truck hit us…
(Upset. He stops. PEGGY doesn’t know what to say. DAVID turns angry)
I shouldn’t remember… I can’t. I must stop remembering.

PEGGY
You were the guy that crashed into Rick. I remember now.

DAVID
(Upset)
No, don’t remember, please. We can’t or we’ll be trapped here.

PEGGY
That must be why you decided to help me. You feel guilty.

DAVID
Guilt is a form of memory. Why do I have to feel this way? Make it stop.

PEGGY
I think it’s too late for me. I remember too much.
(Turns back to diner)
But that’s not going to stop me from doing what I’m meant to do.

(Lights come up on diner with KATE getting ready. KATE’s in a nice dress and sets up a booth with food and candles during the following)

DAVID
I wish I could help… I don’t seem to be able to do anything. My memories are like a weight on my whole body.
(Crouches down as if in pain)

PEGGY
You have helped me, David. More than you know. You were sent on a mission to stop me, but you ended up helping me instead. Thank you for your kindness.
(Pats DAVID on shoulder)
Wait here. I’ll be back. I won’t leave you alone.

(Lights fade on DAVID. PEGGY enters diner)

GO TO PART 12
OR

BUY A LOW COST PDF AT
SELLFY.COM


OR


OR
Purchase the book from Amazon.com:




Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.