Tuesday, October 4, 2016

"Teen Angel" Part 12 scene for 3 teen actors "Cry Baby" from published play

"TEEN ANGEL" by D. M. Larson
  • ISBN-13: 978-1511481557

PART 12 - "Cry Baby"

(PEGGY enters diner. SONG: “Sea of Love” by Phil Phillips with the Twilights)

KATE 
(KATE sees PEGGY) 
Hey, Peggy. How does everything look? 

PEGGY 
Wonderful. You look great too? 

KATE 
I wore pink like you said. 

PEGGY 
I heard that Rick loves pink. 

KATE 
I’ve got his favorite food. And you thought he’d like this perfume. 

PEGGY 
He’ll love it. 

KATE 
Here he comes. 

PEGGY 
Good luck, Kate. 

(PEGGY exits and RICK enters) 

RICK 
Hey, Kate. 
(Looks at table all set up for him) 
What’s this? 

KATE 
That was so nice of you to help me clean up the diner, I wanted to return the favor. 

RICK 
It was no big deal. 

KATE 
And you bought me lunch at school yesterday. 

RICK 
You forgot your lunch money. 

KATE 
And you helped me study for my history test. 

RICK 
I’m good at history. 

KATE 
I wanted to do something for you. 

RICK 
(Starts to cry) 
Nobody does anything nice for me. 

KATE 
Oh, Rick. I didn’t mean to upset you. 

RICK 
I’m such a baby. 

KATE 
It’s okay to cry. 

RICK 
Not for a guy. We always have to be tough. But when you hurt inside… 

KATE 
I think it’s brave to cry. Most guys wouldn’t dare cry. It takes a lot of courage. 

RICK 
I try to hold it back, but the tears hit me all of the sudden. I guess it’s the pink dress, the perfume, the music. Peggy would have done something like this for me. 

KATE 
I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to upset you. 

RICK 
No, it’s fine, Kate. Thank you. 
(Dries his tears) 
Peggy and I loved this song. We dreamed of going to the sea together. We said we’d get a boat, maybe even a house boat and live off the sea. 
(Smiles at KATE) 
Thank you for all this, Kate. You’re sweet. 
(Gives her a kiss on the cheek. KATE is thrilled) 
I shouldn’t have done that. Sorry. 

KATE 
It’s okay. I didn’t mind. 

RICK 
But Peggy… I still love her. 

KATE It’s okay to love her still. 

RICK 
It’s been almost a year since the accident and I can’t stop thinking about her. Will the pain ever stop? 

KATE 
I lost my mom. It hurt for the longest time. I didn’t think I’d be able to stand it… I didn’t think I’d be able to go on without her. When you lose somebody you love, it’s like you lose a part of yourself. 

RICK 
Yeah. It’s so hard. Does it ever get better? 

KATE 
A little… 

RICK 
Sorry to be a wet blanket. 

KATE 
No, you’re fine. I don’t mind. I like talking like this. 
(They smile) 
I’ve got dessert too. Chocolate malts. 

RICK 
Once again… my favorite. It’s like you can read my mind. 

KATE 
I’ll be right back.

PEGGY 
(Enters. Watches RICK a moment as he picks at his food) 
Stop. 
(Time freezes along with RICK. PEGGY goes up to him) 
Rick… this is so hard, but I have to let you go. 
(Goes up to him) 
I love you so much and I know you love me, but there isn’t a more perfect girl than Kate for you. Take good care of her. 
(Touches his cheek) 
I release you, Rick. You are free. 
(Backs away. Struggles with tears) 
Start. 
(RICK goes back into motion. Gets a strange look on his face and touches his cheek where PEGGY had touched it) 

KATE 
(Enters) 
Here’s a chocolate malt, extra thick. 
(Music plays. Blueberry Hill) 

RICK 
Do you want to dance? 

KATE 
Now? 

RICK 
Sure. Why not? 

KATE 
Okay. 

(She goes up to him shyly. He takes her in his arms and they dance. Lights come up on PEGGY and she watches a moment. Lights fade on diner.)



Purchase the book from Amazon.com:


Or purchase a PDF at currclick.com:



Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.