Thursday, October 6, 2016

"Teen Angel" Part 3 play for 2 female teen actors scene "The Right Kind of People"

"Teen Angel" by D. M. Larson
  • ISBN-13: 978-1511481557

PART 3 - "The Right Kind of People"

(Lights fade on diner and come up on KATE who is crying) 

PEGGY 
Kate? Are you okay? 

KATE 
I’m sorry. I shouldn’t be so upset. I should be used to it by now. 

PEGGY 
Used to what? Being abused? I don’t think anyone should get used to it. 

KATE 
Every week she comes in here and does that. She orders something, says I get it wrong and then it comes out of my paycheck. 

PEGGY 
That’s not fair. Doesn’t your boss do anything about it? She’s right there. 

KATE 
Alice doesn’t want to make Heather mad either. Heather’s family is very powerful and no one wants to cross her. 

PEGGY 
That girl needs to be put in her place. She’s a spoiled brat who…

(KATE is staring with an exciting/scared expression) 

KATE 
Oh, my gosh. 

PEGGY 
What is it? 

KATE 
It’s Rick. 

PEGGY 
Who is Rick? 

KATE 
He’s only the cutest guy in school. 

PEGGY 
You like him? 

KATE 
Of course. Every girl does. 

PEGGY 
So he’s not your boyfriend? 

KATE 
(Laughs) 
No, he doesn’t even know I exist. 
(Saddens) 
He’s more Heather’s type anyway. He’s the right kind of people. I’m not. 

PEGGY 
From what I can tell, you’re the right kind of people. 

KATE 
Well, you’re the only one who thinks so. I’m the wrong kind of people, from the wrong side of town, with no car and no father. I’m a big loser. 

PEGGY 
I’ve only known you for a few minutes, but I can tell you are a good person, who is a hard worker, and you care about others. That makes you the right kind of people in my book. 

KATE 
Thanks… what did you say your name was again. 

PEGGY 
(Struggles to remember the name she said) 
Uh… Paula. 

KATE 
Nice to meet you, Paula. I better get back to work. 

(KATE exits)


OR
purchase a PDF at sellfy.com:



Purchase the book from Amazon.com:







Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.