Thursday, October 6, 2016

"Teen Angel" Part 4 play for the stage scene for 2 teen actors "Goodbye Girlfriend"

"TEEN ANGEL" by D. M. Larson
  • ISBN-13: 978-1511481557

Part 4 - "Goodbye Girlfriend"

PEGGY 
(Looks off stage where Rick would be) 
He is cute. 
(Frowns) 
He looks so sad though. 

DAVID 
(voice) 
That’s because he lost someone recently. 

PEGGY 
(Turns) 
Who are you? 

DAVID 
(DAVID enters and is wearing a nice black outfit. He’s close to PEGGY’s age) 
I’m David. I’m here to… guide you. 

PEGGY 
You were sent to help me? 

DAVID 
You could say that. These missions can be hard, especially when you are new. A helping hand is often appreciated. 

PEGGY 
It will be for sure. I have no clue what is going on. I only know I’m supposed to help someone, but how or who is a mystery. 

DAVID 
That’s why I’m here now. We would never want to leave you alone to flounder. For example, the whole name thing. Pamela? Paula? You really need to settle on one. 

PEGGY 
I used two different names didn’t I? Shoot. I couldn’t remember what I said the first time. (Frustrated) 
My brain feels like scrambled eggs. Why can’t we be allowed to remember anything? 

DAVID 
I see the forgetfulness is really bothering you. Perhaps you should be allowed to remember. 

PEGGY 
But I thought… 

DAVID 
The most important thing is that you succeed. If having your memory will help you succeed, then I think it might be better that you know everything. 

PEGGY 
(Looks back toward Rick) 
That guy, Rick, looks so sad. Who did he lose? 

DAVID 
His girlfriend. She was in a car accident. He was driving. 

PEGGY 
How horrible. How did it happen? Was he drinking? 

DAVID 
It’s so easy to blame it on alcohol, isn’t it? This time, no. He was drag racing. 

PEGGY 
Racing… some other guy. They were only playing around. Racing for fun. 

DAVID 
Then a truck pulled out in front of them. A Mac truck to be exact and smack. Goodbye, girlfriend. 
(Smiles at PEGGY) 
You look as if you remember it somehow. 

PEGGY 
(Staring. A bit stunned) 
Poor guy. He still hasn’t recovered from the loss, has he? 

DAVID 
He’s the best looking guy in school. He won’t be lonely for long. 

PEGGY 
So who am I here to help? Kate or Rick? 

DAVID 
What about Heather? Maybe you’re here to help her. 

PEGGY 
Heather is beyond my help. 

DAVID 
I would have to agree. 

PEGGY 
So you don’t know who I’m helping either? Doesn’t anybody know anything up there? 

DAVID 
Completely and totally annoying, isn’t it? But don’t worry. I’ll help you figure it out. 

PEGGY 
Thank you so much. 

DAVID 
You better get back in the diner. I have a feeling you’ll be needed. 

PEGGY 
Thanks. 
(PEGGY exits) 

DAVID 
(Pulls out notebook) 
Subjects appears receptive and open to suggestions. Memories near surface. 
(Closes notebook) 
This will be an easy one. 
(Exits and lights go black)

GO TO PART 5

OR

BUY A LOW COST PDF AT
SELLFY.COM

OR


Purchase the book from Amazon.com:




Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.