Saturday, December 17, 2016

Bad Air Texas Part 15 scene "Cute Little Ethics" free funny stage play script

Bad Air Texas 
PART 15

ACT II Scene 1 (for two act play)
ACT II Scene 2 (for three act play)
RICK
(Returns from R with EVA)
Where did your father go?
EVA
Who cares?
RICK
Off with Cami again, no doubt.
EVA
He is rather taken with her. I haven’t seen him this enchanted with anyone since mother.
RICK
I must admit I’m feeling a little enchanted myself.
EVA
(Smiling)
Oh, really? I hadn’t noticed.
RICK
Do you think I have a chance with your father?
EVA
You’re not his type.
RICK
No, I mean will he like me? Will he let you see me?
EVA
Actually, I lied about that.
RICK
What?
EVA
Don’t be mad, Rick. I tell all the guys that when I first meet them. You must understand. It’s my way of letting guys down gently.
RICK
So you don’t really like me?
EVA
No, I do like you. I just had to make sure.
(Circles around and checks out his rear)
Now I’m sure.
RICK
I can’t tell you how happy I am I don’t have to get your father’s permission. I doubt he’d think much of me.
EVA
I don’t care what he thinks. I do what I want. I’m a liberated woman.
(Motions him closer)
And I have a secret.
RICK
Yeah?
EVA
I’m a communist.
RICK
What?!
EVA
Sh, quiet. I don’t want him to know. Not yet anyway.
RICK
But your father kills communists.
EVA
Maybe it’s my way of rebelling or maybe I care about the people of Craphvia. I’m leaning toward the rebelling part.
RICK
Wait. This doesn’t fit. You act like you love money. Communists give it all away.
EVA
Not the people in power. They are the richest of all. See, what they do is get all the people to give up their money to the government to be shared among everyone. The government collects it all and then gives some of it back and keeps the rest. It’s the greatest set up since monarchies.
RICK
That’s horrible.
EVA
Oh, it’s those cute little ethics again.
RICK
If you weren’t so incredible, I’m not sure I’d like you very much.
EVA
That has to be one of the strangest compliments I’ve ever had, but I’ll take it.
RICK
Sorry, I hope I didn’t offend you…
EVA
It takes a lot to offend me.
(Looks R)
Oh, great. Here comes crazy lady. Maybe I’ll go look for daddy.


(Exits L)

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.