Friday, December 2, 2016

Unicorns and Alleycats Part 2 free stage play script for kids for 2 child actors duologue

Unicorns and Alleycats Part 2
by D. M. Larson

                       DUDE

If it makes you so unhappy, why are you staying here?  I'm sure your parents won't stop loving you if you go home.

                       TINK

It's not just because of my parents that I'm here.  The unicorns all come here to learn about life and nature,

         (Looks around)

and see what happens if we misuse it.

                       DUDE

That's depressing.

                       TINK

Coming here makes you appreciate your home much more and realize how wonderful it really is.

         (Memories of home makes her sad)

                       DUDE

I know what ya' mean.  I once got lost in a park.  I was so happy to get back to my alley.

         (Jumps up on his box and smiles)

Some cats like it in the park, though.  Can't see why, but hey it's a free country.

                       TINK

It is?

                       DUDE

I guess it doesn't seem so free to you after being out in...uh...

                       TINK

Nature.

                       DUDE

         (Like a game show host)

That's the word!  Those wide open spaces make me dizzy and it's so darn quiet out there.  I feel like I've gone deaf.

                       TINK

         (Walks about and looks around)

Everything is so big and so close together in the city.

         (Hugging herself)

I feel like I'm being crushed.  And the noise...

         (She shutters)

                       DUDE

         (Going to her)

Take it easy, okay.  It's not so bad once you get used to it.  That's why those other cats go to the park; all the noise out here disturbs their sleep.

         (Smiles)

I just join in.

         (Yowls.  A door slams)

Heh, heh.  I love it.

         (Sees unicorns unhappiness)

You unicorns are sorta like those park cats.  If you have such a nice, quiet place to live, I have trouble seeing why you come here.

                       TINK

Some unicorns used to like it here long ago...

                       DUDE

         (Surprised)

You're kidding, right?

                       TINK

Many came here before humans started leaving nature.

         (Looking around)

But when humans started building stuff like this...

         (Her mind wonders)

                       DUDE

They all went home.  They don't know what they're missing.

                       TINK

Yes, they do.  That's why they make us all come, to see what it's like.

                       DUDE

I don't see why they go back after seeing all this.

                       TINK

Some do stay.  But not many.

                       DUDE

I haven't seen any.

                       TINK

They don't live in the city if they don't go home.  They hide themselves in the mountains, out of the sight of humans.

                       DUDE

That doesn't make any sense.  Aren't our mountains the same as yours?

                       TINK

No, but close.  I think they stay to get away from the same old ordinary things that happen back home.  They're the adventure seekers, always looking for something new.  I'm not.  I like the calmness of home.

                       DUDE

Sorry, but I'd be bored.

                       TINK

Nature is for creatures who are gentle and love those around them.

                       DUDE

The city is for those who like adventure.

         (Hops on his box and leaps off)

                       TINK

Home is so peaceful.

                       DUDE

The city is exciting.

                       TINK

         (Looking fearfully at the street off L)

I don't like exciting.

                       DUDE

         (Kindly)

Then, go home.

                       TINK

I can't.  I must stay awhile.  But, it seems like forever.

                       DUDE

What would happen if you go back, now?

                       TINK

Nothing.  But I feel that I have to stay for my parents and for myself.  If I went home, I would feel like I had been defeated, like I'd failed.

         (Looks down in defeat)

                       DUDE

         (Goes to her.  Gives her a chuck on the

         shoulder)

Come on, don't feel that way.  If the city's not for you, it's not for you.  You have to do what's best for you and you alone.

                       TINK

The problem is, I don't know what's best for me.

                       DUDE

         (Sympathetic)

I wish I could help.  I really do.

                       TINK

No, it's up to me.  I have to decide for myself and that's all there is to it.

                       DUDE

Good for you.

                       TINK

Huh?

                       DUDE



The decision is yours and yours alone.  It's not mine, and it's not your parents'.  You're the best one to know what's best and you realize it.


or

Purchase a low cost PDF


or
BACK TO PART 1




****

Free Stage Play Scripts at Freedrama.net

Freedrama offers free stage play scripts, monologues and theatre games at no cost to actors, directors, teachers and students for the classroom or acting performances. Find tons of resources for teaching and learning acting, speech and communication skills. 



free stage play script for kids for 2 child actors duologue
Important Copyright Notice

These scripts may be used for FREE but PLEASE do NOT repost the TEXT of any script online in any way. Students, actors, teachers and student may use the scripts for acting or classroom activities and even videos, but do NOT repost them on the internet. Please link to the scripts on the website. We love that! But these scripts are published and protected by copyright (c) 2001-2016 so do not upload the entire text of a script. Performing the scripts for an audience or on a video is totally okay. Just be sure to credit the author and our website (Freedrama.net). Thank you! 


Blog post on how copying our scripts without permission hurts us as writers 

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.