Friday, May 10, 2013

Confession free script for two actors dramatic scene from published play

CONFESSION (A drama for two actors)

by D. M. Larson


From the play "Holy Ground" ISBN-13: 978-1502875990

Buy a low cost PDF of this play on Etsy.com

"Confession" is a scene from the published play "Holy Ground" by D. M. Larson ISBN-13: 978-1502875990

 


SCENE


Lights are dim and focus on a corner of the church which the confessional.  We see Jude and Delia but they are divided by a partition.


DELIA
I'm scared, Father.


JUDE
Scared?  Of what?


DELIA
Everything.


JUDE
God will protect you.


DELIA
I wish I could believe that.


JUDE
You can trust God.


DELIA
I fear God. I don't trust him.  I am afraid what he is going to do.  I am afraid of what will happen every day... If I go outside, what will be waiting for me?  There's something wrong out there.  Something's not right.  


JUDE
Things are changing.  I have sensed it too.


DELIA
What do we do?


jude
Trust in God.


DELIA
Back to that again... How can I trust him?   How can I trust the one who took my father away? How can I trust the one who turned my mother into a drunk? How I trust the one who put me in the house of someone who abused me?  Every day I lived in fear.  What would happen if I stepped outside my room?  I didn't know what was waiting for me.  I never knew what would wake up that day.  The creep, the angry one, the monster... I didn't even want to get out of bed anymore.  It got too hard.  I was too scared.  I would hide and pray to God to help me.  But God never did.  My childhood gone and my only escape was adulthood.


JUDE
You blamed God for all that?


DELIA
Even if God didn't do it why did he let it happen?


JUDE
He will never give you more than you can handle.


DELIA
I can't handle it though... I'm going crazy.. The fear is crippling me... I have to drag myself out of bed and force myself to live each day... Sure, I put on this happy face... People think I am pretty cheerful... No one cares to see the pain under my skin... The pain that's ripping at my soul.


JUDE
God sees.


DELIA
I know.


JUDE
Have you sinned?


DELIA
What?

JUDE
Are you a sinner?


DELIA
I don't know...


JUDE
Do you think about sinning?


DELIA
All the time.


JUDE
What stops you?


DELIA
Fear... Fear of what might happen to me... See, I'm afraid of everything.


JUDE
Your fear could be a blessing.

DELIA
What?


JUDE
It keeps you from doing wrong... It keep you from doing anything evil.


DELIA
I hope so.


JUDE
Do you feel tempted?

DELIA
All the time.


JUDE
What tempts you?


DELIA
I'm tempted to give up... It's too hard to keep living.


JUDE
Perhaps you need something to live for.


DELIA
I do.


JUDE
We will ask God to give you something to live for... We are all born with a purpose.


DELIA
I just want to know what it is.

END OF SCENE

From the play "Holy Ground" ISBN-13: 978-1502875990

Buy a low cost PDF of this play on Etsy.com


Listen to the play:









































Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.