Saturday, March 1, 2014

"Sob Story" monologue for female teenager from published play

This one to two minute monologue is called "Sob Story" and is for a teenage female from the published play "Flowers in the Desert."  ISBN-13: 978-1530169085

You must ask for permission before using this play in a performance or publication by contacting doug@freedrama.net


"Sob Story"
by D. M. Larson


SAM
Homeless kids aren't homeless because they want to be. Homeless kids are usually ones that aren't wanted. Either their parents died or they left them. Oh, sure there's foster homes but they don't really want you either. If they did, why would they keep getting rid of me? 

I didn't always have a home. I lived on the streets a little while. And surprise, there were lots of kids there with me. People never thought we were homeless even though we weren't dressed nice. Kids never dress nice anyway. And sometimes we'd even get a five finger discount on something nice from a store. That's how I got caught. I hadn't been out there very long when they got me. Some kids are out there forever. They learn how to survive. I didn't. 

They gave me a choice. Come here to the Happy Rancher or go to jail. Sarge even came down to visit with me.

(Softens)

He told me about the Happy Rancher and despite the stupid name it sounded kinda cool. And he did something most people never did for me. He asked me what I wanted. He really wanted to know what he could help me do for myself. I just broke down and cried. It seemed like I cried forever.

I'd finally found someone who cared.

(Realizes she's just spilled her guts to a stranger and makes a total turn around)

Oh, man, what am I saying. You must think I'm a total dork.

(Laughs)

Real sob story, huh?

END




You can find the play "Flowers in the Desert" at Amazon.com



More monologues from "Flowers in the Desert"


"Beauty and Perfection" - Short Monologue from a play - Female (1 minute)

"Piggy Princess" Monologue from a play - Female (1-2 minutes)



"Sob Story" Monologue from a play - Female (1-2 minutes)

"Mess Things Up" Monologue from a play - Female (2+ minutes)

"First Words" Monologue from a play - Female (45 seconds to 1 minute)
 




Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.