Sunday, August 31, 2014

"Staying Power" free monologue for a female from "To Be A Star"

This is a monologue from a script called "To Be a Star" by D. M. Larson


"STAYING POWER" by D. M. Larson

BETH
Now those stars up there in the sky have staying power. I can always count on them. I can always look up and know they'll be there for me. The stars on Earth burn out too quickly. They have a moment where they shine so bright but then poof. They're gone. A memory. Sometimes not even that. But with the stars in the sky, I know they'll be there night after night, always there for me to make a wish. What do I wish for?

(thinks a moment)


Hope. I wish for hope. Hope for the world. Hope for peace. Hope for a future where no one is more important than anyone else and money is a thing of the past. A future where everyone is taken care of no matter how little they have. I just want to be taken care of... cared for... that's what I hope for. That's my wish.



END OF SCENE

For a low cost PDF of the full play "To Be A Star" with no ads, go to SELLFY.COM




Check out more FREE stuff on the popular Freedrama Blog Posts below:

Top 10 Most Popular Free Monologues:


Best Short Play Scripts and Skits:


Top 10 Comedy Monologues - Funny Solo Play Scripts:


Free Online Acting School Class:


Top 10 Acting Tips for New Actors:

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.