Wednesday, August 27, 2014

"The Monster" dramatic monologue for female actress from a published play "Holy Ground"

A free dramatic monologue from the published play "Holy Ground"

"THE MONSTER" by D. M. Larson



(Delia is speaking to a priest in confession)



DELIA
I fear God. I don't trust him. I am afraid what he is going to do. I am afraid of what will happen every day... If I go outside, what will be waiting for me? There's something wrong out there. Something's not right.


* * *
How can I trust trust in God? How can I trust the one who took my father away? How can I trust the one who turned my mother into a drunk? How I trust the one who put me in the house of someone who abused me? Every day I lived in fear. What would happen if I stepped outside my room? I didn't know what was waiting for me. I never knew what would wake up that day. The creep, the angry one, the monster... I didn't even want to get out of bed anymore. It got too hard. I was too scared. I would hide and pray to God to help me. But God never did. My childhood was gone and my only escape was adulthood.


* * *
Even if God didn't do it why did he let it happen? I can't handle it... I'm going crazy.. The fear is crippling me... I have to drag myself out of bed and force myself to live each day... Sure, I put on this happy face... People think I am pretty cheerful... No one cares to see the pain under my skin... The pain that's ripping at my soul.


END OF SCENE

NOTE: The "* * *" in the monologue are possible edit points where you may shorten the monologue if needed.



From the play "Holy Ground" ISBN-13: 978-1502875990

Buy a low cost PDF of this play on Sellfy.com




View more female monologues at http://www.freedrama.net/small1f.html

View more dramatic monologues at http://www.freedrama.net/small1d.html

View a complete list of monologues at: http://www.freedrama.net/small1.html


dramatic monologue for female actress

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.