Tuesday, September 23, 2014

"OW!" a scene for 3 actors featuring Pinocchio

This scene is from the play "Holka Polka"

PDF of the scene: https://sellfy.com/p/6Tdw/

****
"OW!" a scene for 3 actors featuring Pinocchio

(PINOCCHIO enters. He has a huge nose)


PINOCCHIO
What a nice day for a walk.

BRENDA
Actually I made you want to do that.

PINOCCHIO
You made me? Like with magic?


BRENDA
Yes. I'm a witch.

PINOCCHIO
I know magic too. (Grabs his nose) Ow.

WOLF
What's wrong?

PINOCCHIO
Uh, nothing.
(Grabs his nose again) Ow.



WOLF
Your nose hurt?

PINOCCHIO
A little.

BRENDA
What can you tell me about the Prince?

PINOCCHIO
The Prince? Mr. Sleepy?

(Laughs)


BRENDA
Do you know how might have put him to sleep?

PINOCCHIO
Nope. (Grabs his nose) Ow.


WOLF
You sure you're okay?

BRENDA
So you don't know how the sleeping spell happened?

PINOCCHIO
Nope. (Grabs his nose) Ow.


BRENDA
You know something don't you?

PINOCCHIO
I promised not to tell.

BRENDA
Tell what? You know who did it?

PINOCCHIO
No. (Grabs nose) Ow. Oh, man. I'm going to get a nosebleed again.


BRENDA
Please, tell me what you know. We can help.

PINOCCHIO
Help? You want to help that stuck up good for nothing brat? Oh, he makes me so mad. "I'm so handsome. Everyone love me for it." I'm way better looking than he is.
(Grabs nose) Ow.

WOLF
Tell you what you know or...

PINOCCHIO
Or what?

WOLF
Or I'll eat you.

(WOLF jumps on him and bites his arm)


PINOCCHIO
Get off!

WOLF
Hey! You taste like wood.

PINOCCHIO
That's because I'm made out of wood.


WOLF
Really bad tasting wood.

BRENDA
You're a wooden boy?

PINOCCHIO
No, I'm ginger bread man. (Grabs nose) Ow! (Yells at an invisible someone in the sky) That was sarcasm.

WOLF
What's with your nose?

PINOCCHIO
Nothing. (Grabs nose) Ow.


BRENDA
Tell us what you know about the Prince so we can help him.

PINOCCHIO
Like I want to.

BRENDA
Perhaps you're the one who did it. Maybe we'll take you to the authorities and let them question you.

PINOCCHIO
Fine, fine. Tell you what. The person who you really want cast a spell on me so I can't tell anything about it. But what if I bring the Prince to you?


WOLF
Can you do that?

PINOCCHIO
Sure. I'll sneak him out and bring him here. Then you can do your little witch thing and wake him up.

WOLF
Can you, Brenda?

BRENDA
I could try. Why can't I just go to the castle and do it?


PINOCCHIO
You think they'll let a witch anywhere near the castle after all the bad PR you've had?

BRENDA
Good point.

PINOCCHIO
I'll be back.

BRENDA
Thank you.

PINOCCHIO
Happy to help. (Grabs nose) Ow. (Exits)


END OF SCENE


PDF of the scene: https://sellfy.com/p/6Tdw/


***

Find plays for 5 actors: http://www.freedrama.net/small5.html

Find plays for 4 actors: http://www.freedrama.net/small4.html

Find more plays for 3 actors: http://www.freedrama.net/small3.html

Find plays for 2 actors: http://www.freedrama.net/small2.html




Buy a low cost PDF of the full play Holka Polka at:
Or purchase the published play on Amazon.com:



Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.