Friday, December 26, 2014

"The Meaning of Life" romantic monologue for male - free solo stage play script



"The Meaning of Life" by D. M. Larson

From the published play
“When Mel Fell for Nell“ 
ISBN-13: 978-1512007183


***


MEL
So much of my life I was searching... Missing something. I was a wanderer... Lost in the desert without you... Seeking nourishment but getting a mouthful of sand. Catching glimpses of you... Thinking you were a lovely mirage in the heat of madness. Something I would never be able to hold on to. A fantasy... Some trick of the light.

But you are real. More real than my life before... My past a nightmare... My future a never ending dream because of you. When I found you... truly found you... I knew you would make my life complete. You complete me... Make me whole. You are the missing piece of the puzzle that made the full portrait of me. Finally there is meaning to it all. The meaning of life is no longer a mystery. The meaning is life is you.

You are the reward ... The gift after the sacrifice. Freedom from the slavery of my past. In you I find the freedom to be who I really am. Safe to be myself. Safe to love and grow in spirit, sheltered in your loving embrace.

END




Please ask for permission though at doug@freedrama.net (and include the name of the monologue in your request: "The Meaning of Life").


From the published play "When Mel Fell for Nell"
ISBN-13: 978-1512007183




This monologue is originally from my "Book of James" project and inspired on the quote "Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

****

For more free monologues, go to http://www.freedrama.net/small1.html

For more male monologues, go to http://www.freedrama.net/small1m.html

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.