Tuesday, April 28, 2015

"Fear and Love" by Shiela Larson - monologue for male or female - romantic and emotion solo stage script for woman or man

This is my wife's second monologue she has contributed to Freedrama (her first was "Mama" which has been popular). This is a very powerful and emotional monologue about the challenges of love.

For permission to use this monologue, contact doug@freedrama.net (please include the title "Fear and Love" in your request).

"Fear and Love" 
By Shiela Larson

NELL
When I first saw you it wasn't love at first sight, it was more like "Hey how's it going?".  We became friends and had our own lives, never did I think we had so much in common.  One day I began to notice you more and more, I started to see how you really were.  You wanted people to think you were one thing but I saw through it.  You were very kind, misunderstood, and was in need of love.  It occurred to me you were in danger, holding on by a thread and needed to be sewed back together.  Going against what my brain was thinking and going with my heart and soul I decided to pursue you.  People judged, gossiped, and outright hated us.  Trying to pull us apart, they were almost successful.  The fear in us, the "What if's?" and "Why are we doing this?" swarmed our minds.  No matter where we went it followed.  Finally we broke, pieces of us were scattered around us.  Trying to put myself back together I felt it was unsuccessful, I needed one last part to my life, you.  Starting to think about being with you made me scared, the biggest thought was the idea of breaking apart again.  Love is a scary part of life, the best and the worst is brought out of love.  I felt that I would rather be scared than broken for the rest of my life.  Now I feel whole, being held together by glue, most likely there will be cracks in this love, but the glue will put it back together again.  Fear will never go away, it will always rear it's ugly face around.  The fear is different now.  I've come to accept it but at the same time dread the idea.  The idea that I know one day you will be gone.  This fear makes me feel weak, to know there is nothing I can do to stop it.  The only thing I can do is make the most of what we have now and prepare myself for the future.

END
***


From the play "When Mel Fell for Nell" by D. M. Larson available on Amazon.com







Dramatic monologue for male - Falling Away from You - solo stage play script



Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.