Friday, October 23, 2015

"Salesman of the Year" monologue for male from Death of an Insurance Salesman

"SALESMAN OF THE YEAR"
short dramatic monologue
by
D. M. Larson

(RALPH stops working and looks sadly at a little trophy on his desk)

RALPH
Salesman of the year. Things looked really good back then. They're not looking so good anymore. They haven't looked good for a long time. Something has to change. I can't keep spinning my wheels like this. I need to move forward or move on. I work hard... I deserve more. I deserve respect. Real, genuine respect. Not just plastic statues, but real meaningful gestures that show I am important to this company. I've worked hard for them. I made this company better. But this place is making me worse.

(Ralph has squeezed the statue and it has broken in his hand. He looks at the broken pieces and then tosses them in the trash. He buries his face in this hands and lights fade to black)

END OF SCENE

***

For permission to use this monologue, contact doug@freedrama.net (please include the title "Salesman of the Year" in your request).


From the published play "Death of an Insurance Salesman"




Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.