Friday, April 29, 2016

"Simple, True, Honest Love" monologue for female from a published play

This is a monologue for a female that I adapted from the scene "Princess from Another Planet" that is in the published play "Between Good and Evil" 
  • ISBN-13: 978-1502982308

Lila is from Earth and is the girlfriend of Peter, a scientist, who has been asked by an alien Princess to come to her planet to help with a crisis.  Lila doesn't trust the alien Princess and wants to stop Peter from going with her.


“SIMPLE, TRUE, HONEST LOVE” 
by D. M. Larson

 LILA 
I don't care. I won't let you take Peter from me. I'll risk everything to save him. He's my world. I don't need anything else but him. 

(To Peter) 

Quiet. You're in trouble too mister. Let's go, Peter. 

(Peter seems torn and hesitates) 

I know I'm not perfect, but I do really love you. She's just going to use you. Chew you up, take what you have to offer and then spit you out. You are just a tool to her. A means to an end and then she'll cast you aside. You know I'm not like that. You know I love you for you and not what I can get out of you. So... what do you chose? A crazy, wild fling that will end in ruin... or simple, true, honest love? 

 End of Monologue
***

Read the scene "Princess from Another Planet" at http://freedrama.net/princessplanet.html

Find more free monologues at http://www.freedrama.net/small1.html





Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.