Sunday, August 21, 2016

Jackie and the Potato Stalk Part 6 short play for child actors

JACKIE AND THE POTATO STALK

PART 6




(MAMA climbs to top of potato stalk with SPUD)
SPUD
Here they are.
MAMA
Jackie!
JACKIE
Mama!
                    (Runs to her)
I'm so sorry about the potatos.
MAMA
No, I'm sorry for being mad. These potatoes were magic.
SPUD
No one ever believes me.
JACK
Hey, you're that old guy who sold me those beans. I suppose you'll want a cut of my profits.
GOOSE
Honk.
                    (Lays an egg)
JACK
                    (Picks up egg and tosses it to SPUD)
Here. Keep the change.


SPUD
Too bad you aren't this nice to everyone.
JACK
It's my goose now so I get all the eggs.
MAMA
Is that you, Goosie?
JACKIE
Goosie?
MAMA
                    (Goes up and hugs GOOSE)
It is you!
JACK
This is your goose?
JACKIE
When did you have a goose, Mama?
MAMA
When I was a little girl, the old man sold my family a goose. It was a magic goose that...
GOOSE
Honk!
                    (Lays an egg)
MAMA
                    (Holds up egg)
...laid golden eggs!
SPUD
Told you so.
MAMA
But then a giant came and took it.
GIANT
It was not me. It was Uncle Smee. He was really bad. Sorry it made you mad.
MAMA
I never thought I'd see her again.
JACKIE
Looks like we found the owner.
JACK
                    (Runs to potato stalk)
Fine. Keep your goose but you'll never get to enjoy it. Because I'm climbing down and cutting this stalk down and trapping you here forever.




or purchase a low cost PDF at https://sellfy.com/p/pSlS/

JACKIE AND THE POTATO STALK

(aka Jackie and the Spudstalk)


By
D. M. Larson
Copyright © 2005, 2016
All Rights Reserved*


For permission to use this script, please contact doug@freedrama.net (include the title "Jackie and the Potato Stalk in your request) 

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.