Sunday, October 30, 2016

Goodbye to Neverland Part 2 monologue for male

GOODBYE TO NEVERLAND
By D. M. Larson
From the play "Losers in Love"


  • ISBN-13: 978-1549653186

Copyright © 2016
All Rights Reserved

*Please do not repost the text of this play online in any way.*

PART 2 - MOUTH TO MOUTH

(RANDY picks up some weights and tries exercising)

RANDY
How do you guys do this? Why do you do this? I have never felt this terrible before in my entire life. This is good for you? Are you sure? I think I am dying. All this exercise has to be harming me in some way.

I thought maybe the gym would be a good place to meet women. There’s lots of hot chicks here but I don't like the way they look at me… maybe they're worried about me... I don't feel so good... Maybe if I pass out one of them will feel sorry for me and give me mouth to mouth…

No. I need to focus. I need to focus on why I am here. I am here to improve myself… To make myself better. To make myself desirable for one woman… A wonderful woman I care deeply for.

You know that saying… love is blind? I never really understood that until I met Marianne. I love her and she’s blind… well, legally blind and wears these thick glasses. But somehow that makes it easier. I don't have to worry as much about what I look like.

Maybe it’s better she can’t really see me very well.  I don’t think most girls can get past what I really look like.  I mean I’m not ugly but I’m not a hunk either. I guess part of me worries that Marianne’s eyes will get better and she’ll see me for what I really am... A guy less good looking than other guys.

I worry that I will lose her... except I don't even really have her... we’ve talked... had coffee... shared some moments... more moments than I ever had before… but no kissing or touching really.  Except for the one time she touched me on the shoulder... it felt like lightening... I loved her touch. I haven't washed that spot since... I want to keep feeling her and never let that feeling go.

And I want more but I am afraid to ask until I am good enough... until I am worthy of her.

I want her to be proud to be seen by my side. I don’t want people to think she is with a loser because she is with a guy like me.

I want to be something different... something other people will like better than what I am now.

So here I go. Get ready for some exercising, because I'm ready to rumble.

Ow! Ow!

Never mind. I can't do this. I am definitely dying. Somebody please call 911.

END OF MONOLOGUE 2




GO TO PART 3

or


Buy a low cost PDF of this script https://sellfy.com/p/oJuW/



Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.