Sunday, October 30, 2016

Goodbye to Neverland Part 3 monologue male actor

GOODBYE TO NEVERLAND
By D. M. Larson
From the play "Losers in Love"
  • ISBN-13: 978-1549653186

Copyright © 2016
All Rights Reserved

*Please do not repost the text of this play online in any way.*

PART 3 - THE CARE THEY NEED


(RANDY puts on a doctor’s white lab coat and a stethoscope)


RANDY
Maybe being a doctor would be something I would enjoy.  I decided to hang out at the hospital and observe.  I found a white coat and stethoscope and made my rounds.  People treat you differently when they think you’re a doctor… they look at you in a different way… like you’re important… they give you respect. I was liking this so I kept going back to the hospital.. But then I ran into someone waiting in the ER. They'd been waiting for hours and something was really wrong... but they were having trouble with their insurance. I blew up! Insurance!  Is this about money or about healing? I can't work for a place like this that doesn't put our patients first so I quit! And every patient who could stand in that waiting room stood up and clapped for me and that sick patient who asked for help was crying... and a nurse came out for her and put her hand on my arm and said “you have a good heart… we need more doctors like you.” Then I saw security coming and staff were pointing at me so I made my exit… it was nice being a doctor for a day or two and it was good knowing I helped at least one person get the care they needed.

END OF MONOLOGUE 3





or


Buy a low cost PDF of this script https://sellfy.com/p/oJuW/

or

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.