Friday, October 28, 2016

Plan B monologue from Somebody Famous

“PLAN B”
by D. M. Larson

MACY
You could drop one of those theatre lights up there on her. Those guards would sure scramble then.

We’ll call that plan B.

You sure we can’t drop that on her just for fun?

I guess I don’t want to become a red shirt… red’s not my color.

What’s the point of escaping? My time is almost up and if I ran Gussie and I couldn’t…

...Gussie made me promise not to tell anyone about his proposal...

I just realized that I can’t even shop for my own ring. Parole violation.

And I hate shopping online.
Online, catalogs… that’s like pure torture… I have to touch diamonds. See them sparkle.

I saw this wedding dress once that sparkled like diamonds. It was an outdoor wedding and the sun lit her up… Oh, it was the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen. I need that dress!

And they can play my favorite song at wedding as I am walking like a giant diamond to Gus…

(MACY is lost in some fantasy and starts singing)

“Diamonds are a girls… best… friend…”
.
(MACY snaps out of it)

Please don’t tell him I told you.



END OF MONOLOGUE

***


"Somebody Famous" by D. M. Larson is a comedy stage play script for 5 women and 2 men now available from Amazon.com. ISBN-13: 978-1539753483


Buy a low cost PDF of this play on Sellfy.com

copyright (c) 2016




Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.